4strokejunkie

Apr 27, 2005
Just thought I'd say hi to all you other posters out there. I live in Alaska and I'm addicted to riding dirt bikes. I currently ride a sweet '04 YZ250F. :ride:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

We have 3~4 active members there in Alaska. Where do you live?

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
Hmm....Now I wonder where I might get a look see at this "sweet 04 YZ250F". At Twin City Raceway I hope. If not there then perhaps Kincaid Offroad Park. I can be found at Twin City on race days with a checkered flag and stop watch in hand. I don't race much MX so I help out at the races. I go outside almost every year for hare scrambles and enduros. If all goes well perhaps we will hold our first hare scramble on the Kenai Peninsula soon. Good to see someone else from the Great Land stopping in here.

Dan

4strokejunkie

Apr 27, 2005
Already found lots of information on this site! I like this place a lot already. :aj: And Tony, thanks for the welcome! I live in Wasilla, and hopefully that will show on my profile since I just updated my user pc.

I'm mainly just a woods and trail rider (also ride Jim Creek area a lot, but who doesn't?), but this summer I'm going to try and giving racing a shot at some of the local tracks around here. :cool:

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
4strokejunkie said:
I'm mainly just a woods and trail rider
With this being the case I think you would really like Hare Scramble racing. If you aren't familiar with this it is essentialy trail riding competition. The course will have somewhere around a ten mile loop and we will race for approx. 2 1/2 hours. Usually works out to about four laps. You compete in your class based on age, engine displacement, and skill level. That means you are competing against riders that are just like you. I'll try to keep you up to date as this progresses.

If you are going to try out the local MX tracks be sure to not get caried away at Rival Park in Palmer. It is known as a "50's" track. When you get out there on your 250 you'll sort of feel like a bull in a closet. Really tight track. To open up your 250 you'll need to go to Kincaid in Anchorage. Or down to our track on the peninsula or even up to Fairbanks. Can't comment on the new track in Homer yet because I haven't made it down there.

I don't get to make all of the races at Twin City because I work up north but if you get down our way be sure to look me up. I'll be easy to find with the checkered flag and stopwatch in hand.

Dan

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Cool, welcome! i was just up in anchorage last weekend (bad trip but not due to the location) and have thought about moving up there.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom