jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
Well for starters I live in Linden NJ and I have been riding since I was 15. So that makes it almost 15 years now. I started racing at age 18 just so I could go riding with my friends because they were my ride to the tracks. When I was about 21 I met a local pro named Wayne Scott and he taught me the secrets to racing. I turned expert after 2 years of riding with him and got my pro license shortly after. I never made a National but I came close a few times and had lots of fun trying. The last couple of years I got faster but had problems with my back and couldn't get out there to compete as often as usual. I plan on racing alot more this year especially at Lorretas. I got a 2002 CR250 that is worked to the bone and it performs.I have about $3000 invested in this bike and it performs. I do most of the work on the bike myself for I am a pretty good mechanic. I like to answer tech questions about bikes and overall riding techniques. I've had over 25 bikes throughout the years and alot of time invested in re-building engines and suspension. Most of my riding is done at Englishtown practice track but all of my free riding is done in the Pine Barrons of South Jersey. My longest jump was logged down there in Claytons Sand pit at 130 feet, 6th gear pinned with a paddle tire. I hope I can make a bunch of new friends here and mabey even hook up and go riding with some of ya. I plan on going to Glamis this year. My buddy lives out west in Cali and he's getting married so I guess the party is in the dunes. I gotta get used to this site and find out all of its' features. So that's it for now.

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
Also when my pc is on in my house my webserver has a bunch pics and stuff in it. I got a pc in the garage too, and when I'm working on my bike or the Vette project I turn on the webcam in yahoo. The link for the webserver is http://wopr.myftp.biz/ and my yahoo name is jumpingjoe628 so just hit me up there. Later all.

HySpeed125

Damn Yankees
Mar 14, 2005
Welcome to the site. I've only been here for a few days but already its been very helpful. So ur from Linden huh, thas kool i live in Cumberland co, Vineland to be more exact. Maybe whenever i get a bike we could go riding.
Mike

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcomed to the site Joe.

Nice intro. As I said in the other thread, we have a fair size group of members here that live in the NJ / Eastern PA area.

Check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum for some folks in your area.

Also check out the 5th Annual Damn Yankee Dirt Rider’s Spring ride coming up the weekend of June 11th and 12th at Paragon in Pennsylvania. Check out the Paragon Adventure Park website for additional information in accommodations and the thread for all the folks making the trek.

One more to look at, the DRN East Coast - Spring Ride thread about a ride coming up at the Hatfield & McCoy Trail System in West Virginia.

Again, welcome to the site and make yourself at home.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Welcome to DRN Joe. Tony gave you the information I was going to pass on. The Paragon ride and the Hatfield & McCoy ride are woods rides...lots of single track, rcoks and hills. If that's your thing, we'd be happy to have you join us.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Cool. Have you been to Wayne Scot's old practice track in Montrose , PA? It's called MX573 now.

I hope you like woods riding so we can meet at our Spring ride in June.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
RM_guy said:
I hope you like woods riding so we can meet at our Spring ride in June.

Joe: If you meet them, please have your photo taken with this fellow and post in on the site! I have heard rumors that RM_guy is actually a computer program that Okie uses to keep the post count up. :nener:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The track is about a 1/2 hour from me and I try to get there a few times a year. Ed keeps saying he's going to shut it down every year but never does.

Try to ignore Tony. He's actually a glitch in the software. :debil:

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
A half an hour away you say, thats cool. Ed is a real comedian sometimes. Did you see the guilletine he made for the turkey that one Thanksgiving? lol I was in tears laughing when he showed me the video.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
That jump IS insane. RM_Guy and I watched some kid on a 125 just fly off that thing one very muddy day. It takes "great-balls-of-fire" to cross that gap.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Hey Joe thanks for the pictures. Here's the one of you doing the big roadside double. I give ya lots of credit!!

Attachments

• JoeJumpin.jpg
    JoeJumpin.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 99

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Those are some insane looking jumps. There seems to be very little margin for error in those landings and catastrophic results if you come up short.

Who is the lady with muscles bigger than mine?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
High Lord Gomer said:
Those are some insane looking jumps. There seems to be very little margin for error in those landings and catastrophic results if you come up short.
That jump is the most insane jump. It reminds me of the jumps on MX Unleashed--steep and unforgiving. The medi-copter knows how to get to the track. :yikes: I use the jump as 2 mini hill climbs :laugh:

Who is the lady with muscles bigger than mine?
Now that's not saying much!!

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
I came up short on that jump once while trying to get a good whip inj and I realized I was going to come up short in mid air. While the bike was still sideways a little, I pulled the bike to aim off of the peak of the landing and I hit the top on the left side and the back tire jack knifed down the side of the landing a little then it straightened out luckily. Most of the time I like to over shoot the landing by about 20-30 feet and there is a slight decline there to land on so it aint that bad as long as you land in the same spot over and over. Everybody thinks I am nuts and can't see why I have to overshoot it like that but I say it is better than coming up short and it's not that bad to overshoot. It also makes the jump look crazy when I land half way down the track. The takeoff is like an Evil Knevel jump !!!!!!

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Joe you should join our Enduro club MCI then you could run for Hare Scamble points this year . Dave Meakems joining maybe we can get Tom Poulan and Ronnie too ,. The next meeting is monday nite at my buddies Sergios bar in Florence. your cylinder should be fixed by then too . We need members MCI club WWW.MOTORCYCLE-COMPETITION-INC.COM We run the Stump Jumper enduro april 24th.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom