pconsole

Apr 23, 2008
Hi everybody,

This looks like a great site with lots of info. I've been riding street bikes for about 10 years and I'm looking to get into dirt bikes with a few of my friends. I'm 39 years old and my current bike is a 07 ZX14R. I have lots of questions but I'll do my best to search the forums first.

Thanks
Pete

P-Funk

Apr 15, 2008
What's up Pete? I'm a SoCal'er too, and I'm a complete noob, so I'm still finding all of the good riding spots. Where do you ride usually?

pconsole

Apr 23, 2008
Hey P-Funk,

I have not done any dirt riding so I really don't know where the good spots are. I'm still trying to decide on what kind of dirt bike to buy. I know there is a OHV area just south of Palmdale. It's about an hour away from me here in L.A.
Where about are you in SoCal? Do you ride street bikes too?

P-Funk

Apr 15, 2008

pconsole

Apr 23, 2008
Hungry Valley looks great. I am definitely putting it on my list of places to ride. How did you decide on the YZ250? I'm having a hard time deciding what kind of bike to purchase.

P-Funk

Apr 15, 2008
pconsole said:
Hungry Valley looks great. I am definitely putting it on my list of places to ride. How did you decide on the YZ250? I'm having a hard time deciding what kind of bike to purchase.

I got lucky with the YZ. My buddy has two of them (an '06 and the '02), so he's selling me the older one for cheap.

Top Bottom