lloydbanks

May 7, 2003
what's up guys. i'm new to this forum and new to this sport. im currently a street rider & on occasion ride on the track. i purchased a 97 CR250 about 2 summers ago and haven't ridden it since. this season i plan on riding every weekend and getting my money's worth on this bike. anyways, i just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully i can pick up some riding tips & maintenance tips from you guys.

oh btw ..what troubles should i expect from my bike being stored for over a year?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc. After that grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum for some folks in your area.

Regarding your question, check out the General Bike Repair forum for good info and great folks always willing to help out, answer questions or just offer support.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Welcome. Where in NY are you located? We'll be having our anual Damn Yankee Dirt Riders Spring ride on June 11th at Paragon if you are interested. All skill levels will be there so don't feel like you not good enough. Check the places to ride forum for the thread on it.

Storing the bike for a year shouldn't be a problem. I'd drain the gas from the tank and the carb and change the oil first. There is usually plenty of residual oil in the cylinder that protects it well so rust shouldn't be a problem. I assume you had it stored inside??

lloydbanks

May 7, 2003
yeah it was stored indoors ..i'm heading to my storage facility today to check it out.

btw ..i'm in nyc and usually ride at englishtown nj. this summer i think me & my buddies are going to start riding the park in chatsworth nj.

Top Bottom