BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Ok, you northwest riders need to sound off. There has got to be more than just Katoom in Oregon riding offroad. Place your fingers on the keyboard and quit lurking for a few and get to making plans to ride. This is your opportunity to make some new friends that like to ride as much as yourself. Show enough interest and we'll set you up with a forum to discuss your local events and issues. Sound off, ONE TWO, hit it again, THREE FOUR....... :debil:

Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
Riding at Walker Valley is always on my "to do list"
:yeehaw:

I don't get to Reiter Trails as much as I would like to, but the place has some truely evil trails.
:p

Tahuya has become a bit of a drive since I moved to Stanwood, but it where it all began for me.
:thumb:

North Fork of the Nooksack needs to be explored. I've raced there, but don't have a clue about where I was going.
:think:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
IF there is enough interest, start your own local chapter. You guys need to get together and ride.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I think that would be great. However, I think you guys on the coast outnumber us inland northwesterners. Bsmith, Bbbom, Dirtygirly, who else? That can't be all of us.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
More dialog between members in the east side and the west side and Orygone and Idaho too will be very beneficial to the sport. We face the same issues that affect our sport; land use, public perception ect. As issues come up we can lend our voices for support in puplic input.

Also there are some great riding areas that are really worth checking out. This year my goal was to check out Mad River and Gifford Pinchot BTW they are great and this is a good time to ride. Next year Batey Bould-Pond O'reille. You should see the terrain down near Bend OR, I drove thru on a trip to Cool CA and that place is on my list for sure.

I've met T-rat out in the field and look forward to meeting others. :thumb:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Pend Oreille! Come on over! My favorite! I haven't ridden Batey Bould yet but hear it's great. Mad river was great too, it kicked my butt. We have SO MUCH great riding east of the mountains that many Puget Sound riders don't know about.

Unfortunately, a lot of it is under fire right now too. :(

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
T-Rat, I would have to concurr with your assessment of bswits comments as he did say and repeat the thought that we get off our duffs. Whats up with that? We promote the sport in a responsible manner, serve as ambassadors to the community, scan the horizon for signs of trouble, assist and commend those taking the lead, and help those in need, and we get told to go away and ride more. :think: Seems the old adage that those rowing the boat don't have time to rock it is appropriate.

We (All NW drn'ers) should meet at Tahuya next weekend for an informal ride and round table discussion of this outrageous insult heaped upon us by this whoever for whatever. Forget the Cranberry HS, spend the entry fee on beer and steaks and we can have a real party! BTW Seabeck pizza at Belfair has allright pizza.

NMA benefit poker run Oct 19 and 20 ( big shameless plug) The proceeds go to the NMA. This is a good thing.

Team Louie Louie plans to be there with hot dogs and chili after the ride and before the trophies. Hint, look for the hawaiian shirts. We will also have copies of the Capitol Forest survey to fill out, perhaps some coupons from our sponsors and we might even give away a tub of Bag Balm to the worst case of monkey butt. We will need a judge or judges for that competition. Any takers? :moon:

Last edited:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
So is BSwift seryous or blowing smoke? is it BS wift? I know what a wift is and I think we got a wift of somthing fishy here.

T-rat rides about every weekend if he isn't fishing. I've crossed trails with James Dean, fc22, dirty d, xrguy, bonehead, and others I'm sure.

There are more computers per capita in the northwest than any other place in the US and we know how to use them.

Btw with a little more work we can have the worst traffic in the nation. Lets pick it up people!

Last edited:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
t-rat i'll look you up!

If you want to see something scary look at the bylaws for local chapters on the general discussion site. It's a good lesson on how to make something simple into something complicated :uh:

Last edited:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I'm always watching and trying to see where folks are going, problem is I don't live on the wet side, and with having two kids, wife, and the worst thing is a horse boarding farm I really can never plan anything except at the last minute.
I've been pretty lucky the last two weeks :)
FC, I found a better trial at Canfeild/Fernan. You take 28 and go north, it's much better then the stuff we discussed last time :thumb:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I don't know, I can't next weekend or the one after. I'm thinking I'm getting pretty close to beeing done for the year except locally. I need to start filling the woodshed and then hunting season is upon us ;)

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
I guess I'm one of the few "active" Oregonians on DRN. :confused:

Most of the state has been closed down lately due to fire danger. We even had a couple days worth of rain here, and everything close is still closed! I'd really like to make it over to the East Ford Rock area (never ridden there) sometime before the snow gets bad. Definately gonna get down to the John's Peak area the last weekend of October....hands down my favorite riding area in the state thus far, something for everybody. Made it up to Tillamook for the first time this summer. Not bad, the trails were fun, but the area I rode had a lot of gravel roads.

Not really many areas down here on the coast. One 30 mile trail system, another small 15 mile system, and the dunes. Of course, they're all within 15-30 minutes of my house, so I guess it could be worse. :thumb:

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I`d love to join anyone of you guys(and gals) for a ride but my bike is going to be down for a while. So far the only ones I have ridden with have FC22 MXP1MP and XRguy.

Steve

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sounds great, both the ride and the forum idea.

I prefer the east side, myself; FAR more sunshine (as in rain once every 2 months in summer) less slime, FAR fewer people on the trails, and shorter drives to get to the good places.

But there is lots of excellent riding over there too, and the biggest thing I miss was all the races/organization. We don't have that here, there is no offroad competition to speak of. Just a couple hare scrambles in a field with some rocks.

Anyway, I can't drive over there TOO often but I would like to make it to a few rides.

Katoom

Feb 19, 2002
You're not the only active Oregonian on the boards BigBore. East Fort Rock is closed right now but should open soon, I'm gonna make a trip over there at the end of October (it's really nice then, freezes at night, seventy during the day). Let me know if you're still going and maybe we can work something out.

As for Tillamook, you just gotta know where to go. I rode a Poker Run there yesterday which was 48 miles of just trails, and there is over 300 miles of trails overall. It's only an hour from my house so I'm always up for a ride there.

BTW where's this John's Peak area you speak of? What type of trails?

Top Bottom