BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Anything interesting to see or do in OKC? I have to spend most of next week there. Unfortunately, I will have to spend most of the daytime hours looking at the inside of a conference room. :whiner:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
No.

Milquetoast

Uhhh...
Oct 30, 2001
There must be some kind of memorial from the OKC bombing that you could go see. Otherwise, the only people I know from the area think it's incredibly "old-fashioned" to put it nicely, they call it k-drag (short for Knuckle-Draggers). :think:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Come on Okie, quit beating around the busch!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
yes, there is a bombing memorial there. we went to it last summer. it's worth seeing. okc has an excellent zoo. there is the kirkpatrick center. it's a big science-type museum. you might also want to check out bricktown; lots of clubs, restaurants, AAA baseball, etc.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There are several members in the OKC area. You might get a chance to ride at Draper before they close it. Contact Lorin via PM and maybe he can get you a trail ride.
PS, maybe we should remove the OK and let our leader be known as "IEWAN". :p

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Kareem Abdul Jabaar is coaching a minor league basketball team in OKC if you're into basketball.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Thanks for the info! Bricktown, Kirkpatrick Center, Memorial all sound like good things to do. Don’t know if I’ll have time for much else since I’ll be stuck in a training class from eight to five each day. I have heard there are lots of good restaurants in the area. I am sure our hosts for the training will be able to direct us to some good ones.

Thanks again!

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Let me know when and where you are at and maybe we can hook up. The memorial is worth seeing, and Bricktown makes for a nice visit on occassion (remember - 3.2 beer). As to being knuckle draggers, I realize, for the most part, that we are a little sheltered here in "The cultural center of the universe (aka - hoyt axton)," I like it. Drop me an e-mail and maybe I can get you pointed in the right direction. Lorin.

NOVA

Jun 30, 2001
If you are into Military vehicle and/or weapons , there is a kick@$$ museum near the horse track called the 45th infantry museum. I go there evertime I'm in OKC. They take donations at the door. Very cool IMO.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Hey, just got back from OKC!

Neat place. Found some great food, drank a lot of 3.2 beer, and met some really neat people. Went down to the Memorial on Wednesday night (could not speak the entire time I was there) and had a great steak dinner with Lorin on Thursday night (thanks for taking the time, Lorin). I get to go back in two years for recurrent training with the FAA so maybe I can fit in a ride next time. That dry riverbed looks like too much fun!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
That dry riverbed looks like too much fun!
Bet that river bed isn't dry anymore. Major rain last night.
The OKC Memorial leaves everyone that sees it, speechless.
BTW, We Will NEVER Forget!

Top Bottom