tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
this is crazy stuff i tell ya. awesome scenery, cold beer, awesome riding and stuff that will scare ya but so far it has been worth it. we are three days in (550miles) and have lost three riders. one was tony eeds. wrenched his knee pretty bad. another had a brand new husky blow a stator and the third mangled his water pump cover by smashing his bashplate into it. they will be loading bikes on a train back to presidio tx.

this is just a sample. we are in the middle of bfe at the bottom of copper canyon staring at water pump cover in 40 pieces when a truck rolls up. we do our best spanish and he loads up the dead bike. he is a friendly sort and i kid you not, offers us each an 8ball of cocaine :yikes: one of the cops on the ride says an 8ball is 1/8th of an lb. of the stuff.

this is great stuff and expecting it to keep on coming. for anybody that wants to see pictures and ride reports on where we are at type in adventure rider and do a forum search for copper canyon. gaspipe(nick) has a really good thread that has a lot of where we are at.

you muenster regulars would be eating this up. wish me luck as this might be my last post ever. i expect one of yall come find me if i dont make it back. this goes for you too heartland spodes.

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
WOW! Hope you brought your Swiss Army Knife and a straw!;)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sounds like a good time. Be careful, have fun. No more broken bikes or bodies.

thebleakness

Sep 19, 2006
tx246 said:
he is a friendly sort and i kid you not, offers us each an 8ball of cocaine :yikes: one of the cops on the ride says an 8ball is 1/8th of an oz. of the stuff.
this is great stuff and expecting it to keep on coming.
What?? Do you know how many times thats been cut?! Thats bad stuff my friend.

:nener: :laugh:

Sounds awesome, enjoy the rest of your ride...and those 8 balls.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
its wed and ive been another 250+miles and we are still all alive. its been kickass. my 1984xt has been to hell and back. we have another 400miles. tires are getting thin but there is always beer/tequila. tequila is crazy cheap.

oh yeah. we all had to line up moto style at a federal checkpoint. the captain would rather see us tear it up than check our papers! he lined us up and dropped the gate via a wand. more to come.......

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:cool:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
go check out ride reports for the full story HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Awsome report. I added a link to your last post.

Top Bottom