Oregan School- Thanks to our teachers

Hot4Teacher

Apr 21, 2002
I just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Nicole and Karri. You said that this was your first time teaching a class. Well, you guys did a great job!! I really liked how you broke everything down into its smaller parts and had us practice before we even started our bikes up. That was great! Also, the way that you came around to each person, individually, to give us pointers and to check our positions, it was like having a private tutor there all the time.

The positive feedback was also excellent. When I was doing something right, it really helped when you gave the thumbs-up or a nod of the head, or a "Yes!" That really helped me focus in on what I was doing right so that I could say, "Oh, that's what it is supose to feel like when I go over a log the correct way!"

Another thing, as a women, it was great hearing things from a women rider's point of view. You taught me things that my husband would not have thought about just because he is a man; like picking-up the bike. (I ride the older XR250 and that thing is heavy.)

Also, a big thank you for being so patient with us! Some of us have to hear things over and over again before we understand it. Also, I never felt like I was being judged or compared to the other riders. This made me feel very comfortable to try new things and that it was OK to make a "learning" mistake. Also, I felt challenged, but never pushed over my limit. Thank you for making everything so comfortable!

Now that I am back home, I have been thinking about the class and everything that I learned. I really appreciate the handout because I can go back through it and it triggers my memory.

My only suggestion: more classes!!

Thank you guys so very much for taking your time to teach this class. I now it has improved my riding ability by 100 fold. I also made many new friends through this class; more women to go riding with!! ;)

Pegasus

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
Yep ....Ive watched many teachers and coaches and Nicole and Kerrie's ability to impart information is exceptional. Riding so well yet both having the communication skills to break it all down.Teaching use of momentum and points of weight and position.. slow precice work transfer to more control at speed.I

watched Nicole FLY smooth and quick through a tight twisty downhill section and Kerrie turning so tight locking the bars then to hop logs feet never touching the ground..both using skills they were teaching us.. Amazing !

The second day I looked around the field to see how much riders of all levels, had hugely increased their balance and ability. The guys noticed to as they later flocked to Nicole and Kerrie asking about a school for them ... :)

My friend Mary was there .. 5th time on a bike.. period ! Just got a TTR125l. She was only planning to only listen then ride around and not do the school. However we encouraged her to join in and give it a try..having the correct method of standing and weighting the pegs she able to stand on the fire roads and practice slow turns standing in the meadow.
I vote for more "schools" too...Hope you guys find time to continue teaching...Ill be there !

Last edited:
Top Bottom