Tod

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2002
I recieved the following from the US Forest Service:

###########

My name is Jack Thorne...I'm the Public Services Assistant on
the Cowlitz Valley Ranger District. I've worked with a few of your staff and members in the past, but not sure who's still around.

As you know, we operate an ORV Ranger program through an IAC
grant for ORV Education and Enforcement. This year, I need to
recruit at least one and possibly two ORV Rangers. I would
like your assistance in getting the message out.

The easiest way for us to hire is to hire college students...someone who will be enrolled in a college in the fall of 2004. Otherwise, we have to use our Automated Temporary Employment Program...which requires application, competition, and is somewhat more burdensome to work with.. but it can be done.

What I need is someone who is mature, confident, good communication
skills, good interpersonal skills,good land use ethics, and has the
willingness and ability to do very basic law enforcement work with training.
And they have to be in good physical condition and be a fairly accomplished trail rider on steep, difficult trails. This is not an easy combination to find.

We hire at the GS-3,4, or 5 level (about $10 to $12 per hour)depending on experience and qualifications. We provide riding gear and bikes, and bunkhouse space is available. The work season generally runs from early June through late September, and we can work with college schedules.

The job is 4 10's...Friday through Monday, with Monday usually a down day for cleaning, repairs, signing,and something other than riding the trails.

If you know of someone who is qualified and might be interested, please
have them give me a call.

Jack Thorne
Public Services Assistant
Cowlitz Valley Ranger District
10024 US 12
P.O. Box 670
Randle, WA 98377
360-497-1120
jthorne@fs.fed.us

Thanks for your help!

Jack

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom