a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Jeff, you're gonna pay and pay dearly!!:p:p Are we meeting at 0800 at that food place or just going to the staging area?

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
47 mile loop, so a filled tank on the WR will make it, no?

Elk.

The WR will make it no problem. :thumb: Question is, will you? :scream: :) :laugh: :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hardy f'ing har!:moon:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I might be able to go this weekend. I'm still in negotiations.

It is suppose to be raining here Sunday. Does it rain out there in the desert? Hopefully there won't be any snow.

Congrats on the new bike Elk. So now you go both ways?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Technically yes, figuritively, NO! Yo have to make it out there slo, you know SOMETHING will happen, it always does.;):)

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Gee, guys, I'd love to go. That damn work thing keeps getting in the way. But, my wife is leaving Saturday morning to go defend us from the Godless Commies, so I just eliminated one possible veto.

I'll check my sick leave balance.

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
Weather forecast is for cloudy skies, scattered showers and 72 degrees Sunday. Ideal riding weather. A little moisture turns the desert into real dirt.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Sorry Jeff, your weather forcasts suck big time Mr. "It'll only be 80 in Miller Canyon"! I'll go by the WAG method thank you very much.;) So I haven't heard yet, are we meeting at the truck stop at 0800 to down some grub or at the staging area at 0900?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Give a guy heat stroke :flame: one time and you never hear the end of it.

If I am able to make it I will meet at the staging area. I cant begin to tell you the problems if I down a truckstop b-fast before a ride. Rain or not something would be moist.

Where exactly is Dillon Rd? I tried to pull it up on mapquest as Dillon Rd in Palm Springs.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
:( :( :( Friggin family, Who ever heard of having birthdays on perfectly good riding days. :think: That's what wednesdays are for!

Wish I could make it but I'm definatly going to the TWMC enduro next weekend.

It would have been great to see what excuses Elk could come up with this time for not finishing the ride. Maybe he'll drop it unloading it and break the throttle. or clutch lever. No that might be too obvious.Maybe he'll drainthe oil so this bike'l sieze also :scream: or maybe just maybe he'll actually finish a ride.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's on the far East end of the Valley as the 10 and 86 split, coachella valley. Try typing dillon road in coachella and then pick the higher of the address selections. You'll see it that way. Dillon also comes near the 10 by the 62/10 and 111 at the begining of Palm Springs and you can follow Dillon Road East from there. It's on Map page 5471/Riverside County thomas bros.

Speaking of clutch levers, I better get an extree one!! Thanks Scar you fool!:moon:

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
I've got a 3.3 gal tank for the YZF, and can easily make the distance. My son has a stock tank on a YZ125.

What range does that 125 have? Would a cross bar mounted one quart container with gas make it? I can drain some out of my bike to keep it going. Just need the oil to add.

Thoughts?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I have a stock exc tank so I'm hoping Elk runs out before me :laugh: :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
No chance Jim, the WR is guaranteed to make it, so says 89er! Tony, bring some duct tape and some small water bottles and fill them with mixed gas. You can tape them to your bikes and use them along the way. I rode the RM250 and the range is around 40, give or take, a 125 may not make it.

If you look at a map of the area, follow the 10 East from the 111 split into Palm Springs, you'll see Coachella and you can also see Dillon Road running East parallel to the freeway. It'll cross East of Palm Springs.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk

Speaking of clutch levers, I better get an extree one!!

Clutch lever, you don't need no stinkin clutch lever. Those blue and white things bolted to your handlebars are called 'Hand Guards'. They are not just to keep your hands warm they also protect your levers and hands. :confused: Silly MX guy. :laugh: :laugh:

Doesn't look like I'm going to make it this weekend guys. My grandson is spending the weekend with us and I have some friends coming down from up North to do some riding. Thanks for the offer Greg. :thumb: I would love to check out this area some other time.

Have fun. :yeehaw:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Tony,

On our normal Mountain rides a stock 125 can go 40ish miles. Some riders can get 50 some are done right at 40. It depends how you ride and how well it's jetted.

To cover the range we've often filled small water bottles with mixed gas and carried them in our camel backs. I've suggested draining gas from a thumper and just bringing the oil but it's hard to determine how much has drained to get a proper mixture.

Good luck

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
Premeasure a gallons worth of oil and put it in your fanny pack. If you run out we can steal a gallons worth of gas from our collected thumpers.

In the worse case, we will be crossing some power line roads as we near the trucks. You can always shortcut back on the road.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
So it looks like we have the following:

PhastPhart
Me & possibly 1 friend
a454elk
JPIVEY
Tony & Son
Oldanslo
desert_racer
Sigar??
Scar??
RMjeff??
Ol'89er C'mon

So is it 9:00 at the powerline road?

a454elk you must be accross the canyon from me, my map shows 106 miles from my house.

My EXC goes about 75 miles of desert trail riding, so I may be coaxed to give up some gas if you got a bottle (40:1 GP-7 ,C-12)

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Pvt Joker-

I missed you.

Ill be up for a carpool if my buddy dosent show, but RCM is out, I am in Yorba Linda.

here is the weather

Sat
Mar 15 PM Showers 76°/54° 30 %
Sun
Mar 16 Mostly Sunny 70°/49° 10 %

Hopfully it rains like h:pll on sat night.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Dang-it Terry, one of these days we'll get the timing down right and we'll get to ride together. :(

YZandrew

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2001
Joker,
I've been really really thinking about it. The bike's even all ready to go. The only problem is I've already got plans for Saturday night, and its sure to be a late night. I'm trying to think of how bad my condition will be for riding on Sunday.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom