addie

Oct 19, 2008
Ive just bought [this afternoon) a 02 honda cr85 for my son. This is our first bike so we're on a fast learning curve. So please forgive me if my question seems stupid , but i need to know whether the fuel used should be mixed with oil [if so at what ratio] or whether there is a seperate oil tank.

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Definitely no separate oil tank. A majority of the time they will say on the bottle how much gas you need to add to get a desired ratio. Chili is correct, it's usually 32:1 but you should have gotten an owners manual with the bike and i would go by what it says. My girlfriend has an 04 CR85R and i haven't looked to see what it says (i'm at school) but i mix my 250 at 32:1 and i use the same gas for her bike, it hasn't had any problems. If the bottle of oil doesn't say how much gas to add, the dealer will probably have a little measuring cup that says "Ratio Rite" on the side or something similar. They can be helpful if you are unsure.

Apr 30, 2007
Buy one as soon as you can! It is incredibly valuable to you - especially as a new owner!

I mix my oil and gas at 32:1 as well...4 oz. of oil for every gallon of gas.

Top Bottom