Pictures from the 2002 Indy Dealer Show

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
We're back from Indy. Okie and I have a bunch of digital pictures we'll be uploading to the Indy 2002 gallery over the next couple of days. Eric Gorr took a bunch of great film pictures that we'll scan and have posted sometime this week.

Lots of cool stuff like an EFI YZ250F from Optimum, a brutally trick TM400 Super Motard prototype. The introduction of the trick new "Hot Cams" billet cams for late model thumpers, an impressive redesign from Cannondale, some trick new stuff from Wiseco and Boyesen and lots more. As usual High Torque and the rest of the print mags will be a day late and a dollar short on coverage.

Click here to go to the Indy 2002 Dealer Show photos.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Rich and Okie,
Thanks for the pictures and information on the 2002 Indy Show. Again, like last year DRN comes through with pictures and information for us mere mortals that only dream about going to the Indy Show. :p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: That was ugly gear !

Originally posted by 70 marlin
nice pic's, where's all the babe's?

Eric shot those pictures. I was torn between shooting technology or tatas:eek:

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
Great pics,wiseco is making forged clutch basket's now ha. I really like the way the finger's are stamped out v shaped .BETTER OIL FLOW OR WHAT.

Last edited:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Great Pics, I really like the Cannondale ( I just wish I could afford it :( )
Oh Well SOMEDAY!:)
Kevin

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Rich you always come through with some great pics from Indy.Man,that riding gear looked hideous,must have been the "Art Bell Edition"riding gear.:)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Tennessee Thumper
that riding gear looked hideous,must have been the "Art Bell Edition"riding gear.:)

I've seen better looking road kill :scream:

Eric is scanning his film shots which are much cleaner so we'll have tons more pics up by the weekend.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: no husky's

Originally posted by roadx
totally bummed no husky's

I was hoping to see them too. Maybe they were there and just really well hidden.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Did you guys get a chance to check out the Fasst Co. handlebars? I've seen a couple of pictures of them on other sites and they look quite interesting. Any thoughts on them?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by IDkTm
Any thoughts on them?

Yeah I have a thought or two.

Here's a post from the forums at freshdirt.com by Cole Townsend the owner of fasstco

Those guys at DRN are the biggest spodes. I think to be a member there you have to ride either a 83 XR 350 (with Roost Boost, and Super Trapp) or a high performance IT 225 (it's a two smoke, it doesnt' need bolt ons). Or you can up grade to late model bike like a 01 TTR 225(optional pink streamers on steel Moose bars), or DR 250, unless you opt for the high performance two smoke agian and go for a KDX 200 (complete with rally guards).

Those guys posts are comedy, true dweebs.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I promote anything that jerkweed produces.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
What's up with that?

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I don't know what ever gave him that idea, He makes us sound like moron's with bikes,This is the best site i ever been on where the members like myself are very knowledgeable about our sport. Not too smart being a owner of a company making remark's like that, maybe he don't know it,but he just gave his company bad advertising. What do you think, fellow dweeb's?..:o

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by bigred455
Not too smart being a owner of a company making remark's like that, maybe he don't know it,but he just gave his company bad advertising. What do you think, fellow dweeb's?..:o

I'm thinking Cole slept through his marketing classes :D

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
He didn't like the review we did on his spoke torque wrench. Threw a fit for us to change it (it was written by member Will Pattison), I refused, he got pissed. Pretty childish response, no doubt.

The review: http://dirtrider.net/drn_tested/fasstco/spoke_wrench.html

I guess these guys are used to MXA's two sentence product reviews from the "pro" level rider's & mechanics, but don't like the opinions from normal joe weekend warriors; who just happen to account for the majoirty of their sales.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
You know Rich I remember reading that over at Freshdirt and kinda wondering what was up with that. In fact I may have responded to that thread, did you save it or is it still up on Fresh Dirt? Doesn't seem to be the smartest thing to say about 12,500 potential customers. The bars look to be pretty trick, but I can't see myself buying them espicially at the price of in the high $200 range. Oh and if he didn't like the review of his torque wrench well all he has to do is look at the review as customer feedback and look at what was said. I've found most of the DRN tested reivews to be more than fair.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
My thoughts about Cole aside I saw his bars as an expensive, heavy way to complicate an extremely simple function on a motorcycle. The thought of going over those bars made me shudder. From a purely aesthetic standpoint I thought they were horrible looking, but taste is a fairly personal thing so take that for what it's worth.

Feel free to interpret this post based on whatever level of bias you feel I might be saddled with :)

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
FWIW after trying the Faastco bar inserts I think they provide little to no improvment when installed on protaper bars. The inserts also weight a ton because they are made from brass and they didnt fit the protaper till I put them on a lathe and polished them with emory cloth.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom