jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I'm so excited about getting my bike all tuned up for the new riding season. I bought some premix today, checked all my tire pressures, cleaned my plug did some of the basics to get the bike ready slowly for the first ride. Well last week I fixed my problem with the throttle not returning right away, just had some dirt on the handlebar there so I cleaned her up and put some vaseline on it like I was told to do here. Well the grip was loose so I rolled it off today and found out that the end piece of the plastic throttle tube had cracked. I tried pulling it back out and it ended up breaking off. The rest of the tube is perfect, no cracks or anything so I just glued it up and stuck the grip back on. This shouldn't cause any problems should it? I mean other than if I do wreck it's going to get some dirt up in that throttle tube but other than that it won't present a major problem right?

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
This sounds dumb, but toss a nickel in the end of the grip, then slide it on. It works really well...You cannot use five pennies, It has to be a nickel. The diameter is perfect.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by Rcannon
You cannot use five pennies,
LMAO! :)

I clean my bar and throttle tube well and put the tube on dry. I'm concerned the sand/dirt is more likely to stick to any lubricant between the bar and tube than it would dry. The qualifier is that I run barkbusters so the throttle tube is more exposed than that of a closed bar end.

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
I was thinking that same thing the nickel idea. Only thing is I already glued the grip on but I should be able to do the same by just sliding it down into the throttle tube. I'm going to mess around with it today so I'll see what happens.

Pantaz

Dec 13, 2001
Originally posted by bscottr
I clean my bar and throttle tube well and put the tube on dry. I'm concerned the sand/dirt is more likely to stick to any lubricant between the bar and tube than it would dry. The qualifier is that I run barkbusters so the throttle tube is more exposed than that of a closed bar end. [/B]
I use Dri Slide Bike Aid dry film lube. It goes on wet, but evaporates to leave a film of dry moly lubricant. Works great on lever pivots, too.

Top Bottom