Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
I live north of Dallas in Sherman. Going over my bike again tomorrow just to make sure I didn't forget to tighten anything!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang it, y'all have fun. I wish I could go, but that is the weekend I have planned to prep my bike for RENO Whoo Hooo!!! :yeehaw:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
It should be a good one. I have one thing to say and that is pray for some rain this week. Last year it was a hard enduro. Very Dry with lots of deep sandy stuff.

I rode at our lease yesterday (about 30 or 40 miles north of the Post land. The good news is that we go like 3 or 4 inches of rain last weekend and it was still moist this weekend. Traction everywere. I sure hope it holds. An inch or two this week would make for "enduro of the year" type riding out this way. If so I might do it. What row are you guys on?

I will possibly be there on saturday. On of my buddies grandson wants to race the mini enduro so I might follow him as my buddy goes in for ACL surgery like a week after the race.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Hey tony

Take the 4 stroke to Reno. Prep that and bring the 200 up this way for the race. :yeehaw: Problem solved :laugh:

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
I haven't signed up yet so I don't know my row but will be there Saturday to get some sleep in a nice warm hotel. Looks like they got some rain out that way yesterday. What's the terrain like there? I went deer hunting in Wingate about 10 years ago and from what I remember, it was hilly with lots of rocks and brush.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Nope. No rain :( We are coming off a record low year for rain fall in the this area. The camp they have there kind of splits their land in half. The terrain north of there camp is rocky and hard pack with lots of elevation changes. They do have several creeks that run so if it is wet or has been wet there you could run into a few realy nasty mud holes. I know from a previous race with a lot of rain this was case. South of camp is a bit different. Lots of sandy creeks, rocky stuff with mesquite and ceder scrub. When I say elevation changes just remember that this is west texas so the hills won't be monster or anything its just hilly. The south area has a lot more red clay type dirt. There camp sits on a nice ridge were you can over look the south area. Look on the TSCEC.org picture page and there are some pics of the terrian.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Danman said:
Hey tony

Take the 4 stroke to Reno. Prep that and bring the 200 up this way for the race. :yeehaw: Problem solved :laugh:

Don't think I haven't thought about it. I have wanted to ride Post since back in the dawn of time (for you youngsters). I need to pass this time because the entire world is conspiring to make sure I enjoy my vacation trip.

I am leaving in a few minutes for 2 meeting on the way and then I spend the night in Fort Stockton. Meeting there tomorrow and then to Port Arthur for two days bafore getting to come home on Thursday evening late. Same think next week. I need to get an airplane.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Opened up the side case of the motor to find the flywheel nut loose!! I will tear into it further and find out if the motor sustained any damage - hope not, I'm looking forward to Post.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Keetoman, you ought to try TORO also. THere's going to be one at Muenster on Feb 14/15. Most of those races are closer. Check it out at www.race-toro.org . Those races are a blast.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Thanks yzguy but I don't like having to do Mach2 speeds all the time... just half the time :) I'm just in it now for the fun.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Snow this morning around here (It didn't stick)and it was over cast for half the day, but the weather says clear the rest of the week with a cold front moving in and out. The weather also says 50's for the weekend :yeehaw: Should still be better than a month ago though!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Keetoman, TORO isn't really a whole lot of wide open, not like a cross country is. Well a lot of them aren't. Every now and then there are some pretty open races. It's a lot of semi-technical woods with grasstrack sections. Pretty fun stuff.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
We actually got a little freezing rain for about 20 minutes today during lunch. I got scared and took 2 hours off work ;)

Need some advice - is it too late to get a hotel close by or will I probably have to drive into Lubbock?

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I'm going to get a hotel either way - bike is ready but I need a closing at work for things to work out for me. If you would like we can split one...

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Enduro_Nut said:
I'm going to get a hotel either way - bike is ready but I need a closing at work for things to work out for me. If you would like we can split one...

I called last night and reserved a room at the Deluxe Inn. Best Western was full already so I hope this one is decent! Oh, I just got a one bed so if you want to split a room, tell me you love me first. :D J/K!

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Keetoman said:
Anybody going next weekend? It will be my first Enduro so I'm really looking forward to it!

I tried to send a pm with my cell # but it states you will not accept one...

Send me a pm and I'll give you a call.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom