gp-dblc

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 19, 2004
Air cooled 2 stroke yamaha 03 "Blaster" I believe

My buddy just picked up a quad yesterday and came by to show it off a bit.......

I was shooting the bull with him for a bit and noticed it had the
oil injection deal.

I thought that this had became a problem for a few guys on here,
like lines plugging and other unknowns

so I told him I would ask if any of you disconected your oil injection and just premixed the fuel yourselfs.

What was the procedure that you used to terminate the pump.

thanks
Craig

Woodsracer200

Mar 17, 2004
Yamaha Blaster oil injection.

Absolutely leave it on there,Ive only heard of 2 failures in the history of the Mikuni oil pump.The one failure was because the guy put motor oil in it instead of 2stroke.Why mess with mixing,fill it every time you fill the gas tank.

B

biglou

Take a look in the mini forum, I think there is a thread in there from a month or so back about eliminating the oil injection on one of the little bikes (Suzuki jr50 maybe?). Same principles should apply here I would think.

cojo

Sep 7, 2003
i have a blaster and left it on there. just make sure you keep an eye on it. sometimes if i go for a long ride i mark it w a pencil to make sure it is always working, ive had 2 blasters and never had a problem with that.

SULLY

Apr 17, 2002
Just make sure you don't mix your oils. Older mineral oils will co-agulate if mixed with new, and block the thin feed pipe. To be sure maybe flush it right through if you change oil brand/type

Top Bottom