Big Fred

Nov 13, 2002
I currently ride a '03 KDX 220R and I like the bike, However I am considering a KTM 300 EXC, in addition to the KDX. What can I expect in terms of performace? I think I need a bigger bike. The KDX seems a little light for me. I weigh 220lbs & am 6'. Thank You!

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Hang on tight.

The 300 has good lowend with a nice midrange. With a pipe change and some teeking it can have a wild topend if that is your style. Mine was originally done by Wes from Boyseen for Expert power. I rode in Florida 2 years ago on my 300 and loved it. In deep sugar sand the bike just powered through it.

Best all around bike IMO.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
You would be another in the long line of KDX converts. The KDX is an excellent bike but the 300 seems to just have more of what people like about the KDX. I would think that especially at your size it would be a good change for you. My only concern is that I've been reading about changes to the motor on the 300 for 04. I would hope they don't make any changes to compromise the "anvil like" reliability of the motor.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
I'm one of those on that list. I went from a KDX to the 300 because it's basically like a KDX but more. That and its fun to get holeshots.. ;)

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
A friend of mine bought one this year and I took it out for a ride after it was broken in and it had some serious 500 (open) power on a track. In the tight woods it seemed a little fast but you can gear it down. After I got off it I got back on my 520 which seemed like riding a cadillac. The bike has some vibration but you can get rid of it if you get a rubber mounted triple clamp..
It was a fun ride for me and I 'm 210 6'.. Like MikeS said hang on it'll work ya..

Top Bottom