ewbish

Feb 3, 2002
All,
My son is ready to come off his DS80. He really wants an RM80, and I think this will be a good bike for him due to the relatively smooth power delivery (his sister has a CR80 and it scares him). Basically, it seems to me that the RM80 has been relatively unchanged for several years. How close are the 96 to 2000's? If they are basically just "bold new graphics" then I would be happy shopping any of these years. I currently have my eye on a '99 with a few aftermarket goodies and a fresh topend for 1600 and a '96 with loads of goodies and a fresh topend for 1400. I have seen a '93 for 1200 recently as well, but I imagine that bike is very outdated and well worn. Anybody have any major problems with RM80's from these years? I have not been a big fan of the "yellow turds" in the past and am a little leary of them maintenance wise. His sister's CR requires gas, a new plug 2x a year, and a periodic airfilter cleaning (soon I will have to ring it, but so far it's been excellent). It has been really reliable, will I be that lucky with the RM?
Eric

Top Bottom