dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I have been seeing threads about problems people have been having registering there bikes. My question is...do you have to register your bike in PA?

bneide

Jun 22, 2005
Some off road events do require bikes to be registered: enduros and dual sport events, but if you're just going to ride on private property you don't need to be registered.

Bruce

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
There is no offroad registration for dirt bikes in PA. There is for ATV's but not the bikes. The only registration you can get is for making it street legal which most enduros require.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Trying to get a Jap dirt bike registered in Pa is hard. ATVs (3 and 4 wheelers) are supposed to be registered in Pa. Dirt bikes do not need regestration to ride on public or private land (thank the AMA lobby). The idea was in Pa Quadtards were ripping all over the streets, forcing them go get a license plate was supposed to make them easier to catch, the money was supposed to be used to fund private and public ATV riding areas. In short, the state and insurance CO's (you were supposed to have insurance to register the quads) made out from everyone who followed the law, I dont know of a penny that made its was to PA riding areas, private or public, not that there any any public areas to speak of...... But having a street titled dirtbike is like having a get out of jail free card all the time,, no really, it is :aj:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
JasonJ said:
... But having a street titled dirtbike is like having a get out of jail free card all the time,, no really, it is :aj:
Except you still get yelled at in campgrounds :bang: :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom