Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
A few of us are thinking about putting on a Dualathon race, with a few woods laps on the dirt bikes and then a few laps on a mountain bike useing different courses. There would be different classes so it would be fair to non petal bikers and moto guys. Let me know your thoughts on this to see if there is enough interest to pursue this further.
Thanks,
Don

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Jordan414 said:
oh ya... Mark weren't we kinda on this topic before?
Sorta Jordan.....but, it was doing a triathlon first (the Fort Custer Xterra...all off road...1/2 mile swim+12.5 mile single track mtn bike + 4 mile run on single track), then a HS. I was toast after the Xterra.....

It would be more fun if it was a single track, technical mtn bike course. It would also be cool if your time transitioning from bike to bike counted.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
They run a similar event here in NZ with a 1 hr cros country MTB on a mostly flat track made of pumice ( hard sand ) and then rest 1 hour and go back onto the same track with hills added for 1 hour on dirt bikes and so far the winners have been serious MTB guys with some motorbike experience, If the moto section was 2 hours The results would be the other way round if you judge on the amount good riders caught the good MTB guys

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Keep the ideas coming, Mark, my thoughts are that the transion from motor to MTB would be timed.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Go Nucks you could team with Nick Z.....

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Don Marsh said:
Keep the ideas coming, Mark, my thoughts are that the transion from motor to MTB would be timed.

This would be fun. If you have a place that would accomidate it, that would be sweet. Now just coordinating it on a weekend that there isn't something else going on.... :whoa:

bermbuster100

Nov 24, 2009
AWESOME IDEA!! Love the idea of including the transition time from moto clothes to mt bike gear, Could be some interesting strategies. An hour on the dirt bike, and hour on the mountain bike, and the rest of the day in the beer tent. May create a cult type following. Leave out the idea of a triathalon with swimming......cause I'm black

Top Bottom