fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
After steady rains in nor Cal the last couple weeks, I took a gamble on weather at Clear creek new years day. Left Fremont 6 am through pouring rain, when I drove south of Hollister it was dry! Apparently it stopped raining Sunday night down there. Met up with new years revelers, Karna and Justin at Oak flat staging area. The soil was real saturated and muddy but was good riding on Tuesday. Justin took us up Indian hill single track to the pine trees and then we turned around because the goo, slop factor. The left side of Clear creek road was great traction. Up Indian hill sidewinder singetrack to the fun 116 trail and over the top to trails near125. The trick to riding there was to stay off the torn up slopfest roads and find the tight trails. We took an occational detour for hillclimbs and the DGL needle I had in 300exc really ripped when pinning the throttle. Excellent way to start the new year.

Last edited:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Sounds good Jim, just got to find out when that Superbowl thing is:D Some visuals of my upcoming wash job.

Attachments

• wash.jpg
    wash.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 137

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Les,
You are too kind!;) I have to admit that the second loop was
a blast! Where is the picture of Me towing Justin back to camp?
It still never rained Tues. night or Wed. am...Like you said...
Miracles do happen! Glad you made it home OK. You should
see our driveway...It is "Clear Creek Slopfest Part II!"
Thanks for waiting for me! I'll try to pick up the pace for next
time!
Karna

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Apparently my digital cam only likes bright sunlight. Fun riding with you all, Sundays and Mondays with an occational Tuesday work well for future rides.

Attachments

• tow.jpg
    tow.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 120
Top Bottom