Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
OK, what's the poop on this one.
What do I need to enter?
How much of my bike will I leave in the woods during the ride?
Do I really need to know anything about Enduros and how they score?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
www.ecea.org for general enduro how-to stuff.

www.ber.us for specifics and an entry form on the Rattlesnake. Headlight, taillight, spark arrestor and license plate. A rollchart will be handy to keep track of where you are on the course.

You'll be fine, PK. Just think of it as an all-day trail ride. Don't worry about the timekeeping-- just don't ever pass the row in front of you, and you'll be ok.
This is one of the better (read: easier) events on the schedule. Mix of single track, grass track, ATV trails, roads. Same stuff we do at Paragon, just more of it. No killer obstacles.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I told Dave you were thinking about it. Said it was just like Paragon. And he says, "Heck, it's EASIER than Paragon, 'least it was last time we rode it"

We always post enter, usually on Saturday before the event. That way, if it rains a lot we can bail out and not lose the entry fee. Ya got plenty of time to get the bike ready. No sweat. ;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Lights should work for tech inspection. (Morning before the event)
It's just a quick check of lights, plate, spark arrestor.

Rather than do the whole wiring/stator bit, I know some people use a small battery to run the lights. Mounted the battery behind the headlight mask.

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Papakeith said:
How much of my bike will I leave in the woods during the ride?

Maybe the whole bike in a crotch of a Maple tree like you did at CATRA :laugh:

Ahh man I'll never forget that PK

Naw, on the serious side Lori Ktm seems to have all the info, you may want to keep in mind that there will probably be also a sound check. We had a junior enduro in May at CATRA and we had a sound check for the kids for educational means.
Most of the bikes passed, some of which I thought would fail.
It'll be fun PK. enjoy..I wish I could ride, I herniated my lumbar
L5 disc can't feel my toes on my right foot I'm gonna be out for a while. :bang: :bang:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Papakeith said:
Would a Mass ATV plate work? or do I need to be street registered?

Mass ATV plate will work fine. I have a NY ATV plate and have never been questioned. (knocking on wood!)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
thanks Lori,

You know my fear. Drive all that way, and not be able to participate. That would suck!
The application form says I need a valid motorcycle license. Not a problem for me, but Dave wanted to ride this one too.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Papakeith said:
thanks Lori,

You know my fear. Drive all that way, and not be able to participate. That would suck!
The application form says I need a valid motorcycle license. Not a problem for me, but Dave wanted to ride this one too.

Should be okay if Dave doesn't have a m/c license. Others have done it. And, they usually don't check your license that closely at sign up.
Remember, most of this stuff is for YOUR protection (and the club's), should you get stopped for speeding or another traffic violation while out on the roads. Mind your P's and Q's and obey stop signs and such, and you'll be okay.
I doubt there will be a sound check-- hasn't been made official yet in the ECEA.
But, if you come roaring up to the tech inspection with no lights or plate and a ratty-sounding MX muffler, they're probably going to give you a hard time.

I was paranoid like you when I went to my first couple enduros. But found out that getting through tech inspection was the easiest part of the event! :)

You'll be fine.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Farmer John said:
Dave's not here, man.

Wrong Dave. ;)

RM is better known as Nancy to the DYDR's. :p

Oh, tell Dave to get a permit and that will cover it. Doesnt mean he ever has to take the test.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Hmmm,...if this is the same Rattlesnake run I ran bout three years ago,...it was a closed course event, no road sections, no plates required, just AMA and district card is all I remember. In fact I ran my SX (non - equiped).
Maybe things have changed, or this may be a different event ???

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
There are some roads in the Rattlesnake Enduro, it is not closed course.

You may be thinking of the Foggy Mountain Enduro. It IS a closed course event, and they advertise that heavily. It is also a rock-type run in PA. It is being held on July 17th this year.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
July 17th? Heck I don't think I have anything going on that weekend. :) Maybe I should ride that one instead!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
July 17th? Heck I don't think I have anything going on that weekend. :) Maybe I should ride that one instead!
Too bad they planned that one during Unadilla :nener:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Papakeith said:

Acutally, the Rhody Rovers enduro is July 17th over in W. Greenwich, RI. 9:00am key time.

We're half-thinking about doing that one... :yikes:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Papakeith said:

:debil:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
what did I say?
Oh, my God!

I am soo sorry! Of course I have something to do that weekend. I think I've got a flight lesson the afternoon of the 16th. or was that in the morning. . . hmm.
Anyway, thanks for the heads up squeaks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom