therock3920

Aug 17, 2005
how hard is it to rebuild the bottom end of a cr125 never done it thought id try it this winter kinda looking for some oppinons and ideas from those who have done this

plumma

Feb 21, 2005
Well I recently rebuilt my bottom and top end in my 02 CR125. It wasn't too bad, it took a few weeks, as long as you have the correct tools and a service manual, you shouldn't have too much trouble. There are some special tools you will need to pull the cases apart, and those aren't too cheap. Just take it slow and don't rush the job. Take it one step at a time!

Speedfreek

Nov 3, 2003
Buy the service manual and read through it carefully until you understand each section of the motor rebuild,once you read that and understand it you should be able to make this decsion for yourself better then anyone else could do for you :cool:

J-fryz

Sep 10, 2005
i am getting ready to rebuild to bottom end of a 99 rm 125 and have never rebuilt a 2 stroke a few 4 stroke though, but i was wondering how many specialty tools did you need and about how much did they all cost, (trying to figure out if it would be worth the time and money to do it myself)?

Top Bottom