Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Who is up for riding the 15th/16th of May?

I am going to be in Albuquerque for the National Main Street Conference on the 9th through the 12th.

I can bring a bike (or bikes, if VD's WR isn't among the living yet), although I would need a place to stash them during the conference. They would probably raise some eyeballs in the parking lot of the convention center.

I prefer woods and desert to tracks, but whatever will do for hanging out with my buds from DRN. :aj:

Anytime from the 13th on works for me. Anyone interested?

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Dang, I hadn't even thought about how close I would be to Moab. Mmmmmmm :clue:

I could leave right after the conference and be there by the morning of the 13th. Ride the 13th/14th/15th and then head back on Sunday the 16th. This is sounding good already, and I just got a hall pass, :yeehaw: as it is finals week!

Last edited:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
OK, I just double-checked to make sure I had the right date, but I was one week off. The California crew is getting into Moab on the 17th and staying through that next weekend. We'll head over to meet them on Thursday evening the 20th and stay through the weekend. Probably ride White Wash and play on the rocks since they're bringing a trials bike. Go for it if ya have yer heart set on it, though; Moab is AWESOME! 'Sounds like yer all excited to ride there!!!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
HomeMadeSin said:
I'd be up for a NM ride. Where's our New Mexico crew?
I'm semi grouded after this weekend, I dunno if Wes has his bike back. If I can get new fork seals in I was gonna race the SMX series Sunday, MRI Monday, don't know after that, but I can be talked into almost anything if I'm not off of the bike too long :p If we are thinking about the Jemez, we probably better hit em pretty soon, supposed to be a bad fire season (they closed it off the last 2 summers)

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
BEEF706 said:
I'm semi grouded after this weekend, I dunno if Wes has his bike back. If I can get new fork seals in I was gonna race the SMX series Sunday

Daaayyyum!
What's up with you Albuquerqians and the blown fork seals?
First Wes, and now you.
Us Farmingtonians know it's much more cool to snap off shock bolts........ :think: :whiner: :worship:

Come ta think of it, im gonna be down there this weekend.
(wiffey wants to get out of town.)
She even gave the o.k. to bring the scoot, but im not sure i want to leave it in a hotel parking lot for 2 nights. :ugg:
Will get to check out the kewl stuff at "CycleGear" though!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Moab looks like the likely spot at this point. tx246 and I for sure and maybe a friend (Gary L) from Houston if he can get a kitchen pass. I am going to ask my son (strsfan2) tomorrow, when he comes over to work on the trailer.

I may be buggin all you Moab pros soon as to logistics, trails etc.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Tony, if you decide not to do Moab, I'd certainly be up for a ride. We should get Larry (BEEF) and Wally (OAS) in on this too so I won't have to carry the conversation. Larry, May is a long way off, you should be floating (un grounded) by then, Que No?

I should even have my WR back by then and even if I don't I'll ride the Spider or one of the Sheet Box CZs.

And Tony, don't even think about leaving a bike in your truck at the conbenshun sinner! You can keep it at my house.

Jemez would be great but the May time frame is uncertain as far as fire closings and such. We are in for trouble this year for fires, or so I hear. And we would definately need to get Jim in on it since he is the most knowedgeable trail guide. Jim is in the February AMA magazine because he took those AMA guys riding so they could do a big NM write up, if you're interested in that sort of reading.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Wes: Thanks for the offer. I will probably have my 7x14 enclosed trailer though.

Regarding where we go, as I said above Moab is looking like the likely spot only because it might be the only chance to get there for a long time. Y'all should come too.

I would love it if a bunch of us could pull off a Texas/New Mexico Spodefest. If not this time, soon. I am back on some projects in Fort Stockton and have a meeting in Pecos the end of April, so I may be in the hinderlands of your neighborhood for a while.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
That's actually good Tony, because I still haven't unpacked from moving last July and I don't really feel like doing it yet. Not to mention cleaning the the house for company :)

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Jemez?
Isnt that sorta east of Cuba or one of those little metropolises between Alb. & Cuba?
Think there was some guys on yahoo "TaosGrouchos" talking about going there soon.
(no, im not sure what taosgrouchos means....)

When did they put up that little MX track about 5 or 10 miles north of Alb. by the way???

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Danman said:
I would not mind a NM ride. I'm less that 5 hrs from Albuquerque.

Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab :p

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
According to that j5mx web site it's at the base of the Jemez mountains, so i guess it coudnt be too far. uh, right??
Its pretty pathetic, but since moving here 7 years ago the only places i've been in this area are Farmington, Albuquerque, and Durango.
And ive only riden the Farmington area, well and once at Albuquerque.
So i'm not really up on the western "hot spots". :whiner:

Which is sorta funny. Back in Pa. i always wanted to try some of these great Colo. spots or even Moab, but now that im here i've never gotten around to trying them.

Hey, mebbe someone should mention possibly going to Moab?? :clue:
Why has this not been mentioned yet???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Well, i'm sure Tony is grinding his teeth right about now.
Just foolin there dude! :)

I'd be into doin both though.
Mebbe Alb. sometime soon and Moab when it's good for everyone.
Any ride's a good ride, but i'm sorta itchin for some new scenery.... :aj:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
OnAnySunday said:
Well, i'm sure Tony is grinding his teeth right about now.
Just foolin there dude! :)

I'd be into doin both though.
Mebbe Alb. sometime soon and Moab when it's good for everyone.
Any ride's a good ride, but i'm sorta itchin for some new scenery.... :aj:

I would love to hook up with some of ya high mountain folks the middle of May! :thumb:

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Wes, I didn't ride this weekend, I crashed hard (by myself) in Thursday I have a hip pointer about 2 inches on my left hip and my side above the kidey is swollen out a couple of inches as well :ugg: . I ended up goung to the ER (my first ambulance ride) with a possible concussion, they said dehydration. Dunnowhen I am gonna get to ride again, I am still a little loopy :yeehaw:

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
OnAnySunday said:
... Hey, mebbe someone should mention possibly going to Moab?? :clue: Why has this not been mentioned yet???? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well OK... We're definitely headed to Moab (or White Wash) on the weekend of April 17 and then again on the weekend of May 22. :thumb:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Tony Eeds said:
Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab, Moab :p

CJ,I was just trying to be a butt head after Tony's post.
I know y'all had been talkin about it. hee hee!
He seemed a bit excited about it... :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
OnAnySunday said:
CJ,I was just trying to be a butt head after Tony's post.
I know y'all had been talkin about it. hee hee!
He seemed a bit excited about it... :yeehaw:

:laugh: yup ... may be broke, but it is gonna be a epic year on the scoot ... first Reno, now Moab and DirtWeek is just around the corner, nevermind that Mr. Who is moving to the metromess!

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
Gee, i made a delivery/sales call to a plant in Aneth today.
(about 1/2 way there.)
A shame that it took the whole bed of the 250, or i could'a snuck along the scoot and done some cruisin'!!
Hee hee!!
Oh poop, i didnt think about using the trailer!!!
aaarrrggghhh!!! :whiner:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom