Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Ok cowboys and cowgirls, time to pony up! MX547 and I have been hording all the fun racing at River Valley MX this summer. The final round of the Six Gun Shoot Out is August 19th. It would be great to see some more of the Heartland Spodes or the North Texas Smack Pack show up to fill out the Plus 30 and 40 class. The track is very safe, fast and fun. Practices starts at 4 PM, racing at 6:30 PM.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
That makes the count 3 and 0! ;)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Carb is off the bike waiting for new jets. Too stinkin hot to put it together for one ride. (I know, I'm a wuss)

williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
I actually got out and rode today. Rebuilt my track (with Zero water !) . Major Danger hahaha. Jay what time do you usually leave to go to rv on race days ? Oh ya and i turn 40 friday night at midnight ya know... :laugh:

Note: It is possible to get whiplash and slam your face against the windshield in a dozer. Fact ! :bang:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It's a possibility.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i usually leave pryor about 2:30. practice starts at 4:00. you would win 30+. 40+ would be tougher. for some reason, it's a much faster class.

bswift, hope to see you there.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
DWreck said:
Carb is off the bike waiting for new jets. Too stinkin hot to put it together for one ride. (I know, I'm a wuss)

Load the bike up and we will put the carb on for your while you suit up! :cool:

OKKX'er - There are a few KTM's that show up every race, they seem to like the track just fine. ;)

Bswift - Come on out, you could hook up with Jay and road trip the last bit of the trip together!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
well, i was the only spode that showed up. this heartland spodes flag gets heavy carrying it by myself all the time. ;)

the overall turnout was very good. the track got really dry and dusty during practice. before the riders meeting, they really poured the water to it. of course, i got scheduled with moto 3. it may have been the first time ever i didn't want to go early. there were five of us in 40+. i got a third place start. some sections of the track were like ice. i rode as hard as i could without risking death due to the conditions. it's a weird feeling going over a rhythm section of fourth-gear tabletops with your back tire sliding out about six inches--every lap. another rider passed me on the third lap and i ended up fourth. i was about ten seconds behind the leaders and a few bike lengths behind third. i was completely covered in mud/roost.

there were 17 motos scheduled. a lightning storm started moving in about moto 10 or so. during moto 14, the lights went out. the lightning went away but a light rain stayed behind. after the lights cooled off, they turned them back on and started racing again. the track was so slick they just ran two lap motos and finished out the first set. they ended up canceling the second motos alltogether. i was glad (especially since i had already changed and loaded up.) i ended up third overall in the series.

next saturday is a regular race and the series awards presentation. they will also draw my name as the winner of the new bike. this time, you guys should all show up. it's a fun track when it's not overwatered. wait, you woods guys like mud! it's a very beginner-friendly track, albeit a fast one. there is not a double on the track, all tabletops and singles.

dwreck, no excuses. there was a guy racing a gas gas in 250 beginner.

williamson425

Nov 8, 2005
Im gonna try to hit this next one. Sounds like i didnt miss much at that race. On a good note, i was the only rider in my orep class to ace the course and the written test.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Jay,

I'm still sorting out my bike. (Jetting) Until then I'm staying away from the track.

Check your PM.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
mx547 said:
well, i was the only spode that showed up. this heartland spodes flag gets heavy carrying it by myself all the time. ;)

I would have liked to been there, but it just didn't work out this time around. I'm out for next week also, 18th wedding anniversary. :whoa: If nothing comes up I will be at practice on Thursday.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I thought I had a meeting in OKC this weekend but it was last Saturday afternoon. Important for my business so I had to bail on the race. Saturday this weekend might be doable. Any special directions for getting there?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
williamson425 said:
Turn South right before the Ark State line.

that would be oklahoma 59, like you're going to watts. you should come brian. you would like this track.

forecast calls for rain though.

Top Bottom