Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
I do, but it's hard work! And when the trees are only 1 inch wider than the bars the pucker factor really sets in when getting on the pipe!
I do like the fact that I can throw the bike around due to the light weight and narrow frame. really helps in the tight stuff.
The only mods are Boyesen reeds, FMF SST pipe, and 12/52 gearing. I keep telling my self that riding a 125 in the woods is going to make me a better rider...The jury is still out on that one;)

flyinzuki

Jan 27, 2001
I ride a 93 RM 125 in the woods.
I use a cometic thin base gasket,
Pro Circuit pipe, Boyesen Pro series
reeds, and a milled head.
I like it much better than my
00 250...for woods riding.

MN KDXer

Registered
Jun 7, 1999
Which years are you talking about? In general, the RM's have good low and mid (in terms of 125's), and have great steering.

My son rode an 01 RM125 last season and was the scourge of the 200A class in both Enduro and Hare Scrambles. This season, he is riding the AA class aboard an 02 RM125. The bikes have good potential.

The basic mods we've made are 51T rear sprocket, Steahly 7oz Flywheel weight, and Boyesen reeds. This year, he's going to be using the V-Force reeds. The stock suspension is a little soft for motocross, but might not be too bad for woods. His suspension is revalved by TrakControl suspension/ Also, a steering damper is a good accessory on the bike.

Good luck with it! :)

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
like has been said, for a 125 there as good as any other in stock trim. We raced a new RM 144 at Washougal today. The jetting is still not fully dialed, and it is quite impresive. It actually hits to hard for the slopfest style conditions, a flywheel weight would have helped. I can see why people are addicted to these "cheater" motors in a light nimble chassis.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom