whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
With a report that JS broke his wrist in the first practice??? His second looked fine. KW led till lap 10, outstanding! CR went down, rode his usual through the pack, and then laid down some 58 second lap times, took KW on the last lap, damn! JL in the lites, hah. RD is putting down some serious lap times. And my underdog of the year, KK sure seemed he had the lap times to get that 2 stroke in the main. But it seems it comes down to no hole shots for him! Bet you an EG modded 250 would! It would be nice to see how Feld is doing with the audio feed seizure? Got a site with the latest track talk/commentary? http://www.supercross.com/race-resu...m-supercross-series-2009-anaheim-2-january-17 , CBS tomorrow at 11am CST. Lites on speed at 6pm CST.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Just watched it; great race! I think Chad's speed surprised many of us. I hope RV & JG can continue to learn & build speed, so that this season continues to provide more of the great racing we've seen so far this year.

Any more news on Bubbles' wrist injury? It didn't seem to be a big factor last night. Or, could it be that he too wants to be a 'warrior,' like Chad? :nod: ;)

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
I wish CBS showed more of the heat races. Didn't even see any actual racing until most of the way into the program.
And wow, it was a good race though. Reed was impressive, I'm glad Villipoto was up there too.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The main event was fun, and I also wish they would have shown more of the heats.

I think the first 30 minutes of the broadcast had maybe 2 minutes of racing. The Chad Reed interview/profile was well done, but WAY too long.

Reed looks a lot more comfortable on his new ride than Bubba does on his.

The track was pretty tricky and hard to pass on, or to get a rythym on. Reed had the best ride of the night, by far.

RV will have to step it up a notch if he wants to challenge Reed and JBS this year.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
biglou said:
That track was very weird, eh?
Yes, but I'm glad of that! Last couple of year's tracks have been too easy for the 450's, IMHO. Didn't produce much good racing. I had heard they were going to make some changes, this year. So far, so good, me thinks!

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
The split was nice but the track did look a little one lined. and Stewart doesn't look like he likes that yamaha, I think if reed got a good start he would have won. makes for some great racing, I wish K dub would have won, but glad to see him on the podium, and JLaw has had some bad luck but a decent ride in the main after a bad start was nice to see. His riding style looks alot like reeds IMO. Going to be a good season for sure. And RV is getting better so hopefully by halfway he will be up front battling.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
IMO...
Reed's dialed
Stewart doesn't like his YZF
Windham will retire soon
RV's riding smart and learning
Dungey's confidence is up
J-Law needs a hug... but who wants to?
Come on CBS... let it be a race, not a "circus-show"

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The track was very technical but oddly very tough to make a pass. James made a mistake and he came together with Preston which resulted in a nice cartwheel. James left practice at that point but returned for the next session and seemed none the worse for wear.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
IMO...
Reed's dialed
Stewart doesn't like his YZF
Windham will retire soon
RV's riding smart and learning
Dungey's confidence is up
J-Law needs a hug... but who wants to?
Come on CBS... let it be a race, not a "circus-show"

Everytime CBS does the broadcast it's like this.. Speed usually shows more racing.

Interesting note.. While we were waiting between the 450s & 250s, we watched the 2006 Millville mudfest just for laughs. Not sure who the TV guy was, but Pingree was the color guy. I wish they'd bring him back. He was pretty good. Funny, and mostly talked about the race we were watching, not trying to make himself sound smart. He also took quite a few shots at himself and his own riding ability. Unlike "the Fro" who tends to try to make himself sound better than he really was.

B

biglou

When James came up short just before that right-hander, it's a wonder he didn't break his wrists. That looked painful.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Man am I glad I dvr'ed that race, gag me with a spoon for a CR interview, like nobody knows, new guy maybe, wtf? Maybe 25~30 minutes of moto? 1 line track? Re-watch round #2 for a 1 line track. It was actually a pretty cool layout, for Anaheim # 70? I thought some old racers were helping this years layouts? Ah, the lites race on speed was up to date! JL finished the main! And I still stand that I have never seen CR so fast! Now I will go throw up from saying that? Gary, Jeffro was that good, when he raced! JS looked better, still not where he wants to be.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Gary, Jeffro was that good, when he raced! JS looked better, still not where he wants to be.

I know he was good.. That's great, who cares. His career is over. He can stop talking about how awesome he was, 10 years ago.

Plus the stuff he throws in every week, like calling the Leap "the parking lot jump or uphill triple" make him sound like a complete douche.

Seriously, if the guy would just talk about the race we are watching, and not try to educate us every week like he's doing a nascab broadcast, I'd be ok with him.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Oh yes he babbles and goes on! The other guy is way worse, he just pushes Jeffro. The 2 Canadian guys are way better. Show me a pic of the track?, he puts on a helmet cam and we take a lap!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I just want to see the racing.

I guess Reed passed KW, but all I saw was JBS riding around out front by himself.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
My bathroom library has an MXA mag from several months ago. I was reading about how the big 4 manufacturers have cut salaries (thus the changing of rides by JS and Reed.) The big 4 are also insisting that riders do both SX and outdoor, but with Stewert being the exception. Bubbles isn't riding the outdoors?

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
L&M has only made SX deals. I assume that Larry Brooks feels that this is where the $$$ is. Just as Chad's deal was last year, Bubbles gets to be a slacker this summer.

Let's see how this works out for him, in this economy! ;)

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
My bathroom library has an MXA mag from several months ago. I was reading about how the big 4 manufacturers have cut salaries (thus the changing of rides by JS and Reed.) The big 4 are also insisting that riders do both SX and outdoor, but with Stewert being the exception. Bubbles isn't riding the outdoors?

I don't think the big 4 get to dictate what kind of contracts riders get at satellite teams.

I also have heard JS say that he wants to do something outdoors, but isn't sure what he'll be able to put together.

Wonder if he'll "fill-in" for Langston..

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
IndyMX said:
That could be interesting.. Show up with the practice bike, and blow away the field..

If he does that, he should do it on a Honda. :)

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
On second thought, a KTM would be even better. :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom