Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
So far, I think the list of people going are you, myself, bclapham, zoomer, and nevada sixx. Those are the people from DRN that I've seen mention it on the boards. We should get together in the parking lot for some pre-race tailgating. I'll post a location of where I'll be in the parking lot as it gets closer. I plan on showing up around noon. :thumb:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'll be there as well ... maybe someone can provide a cellphone # so we can tailgate a bit ?

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by Tree
We should get together in the parking lot for some pre-race tailgating. I'll post a location of where I'll be in the parking lot as it gets closer. I plan on showing up around noon. :thumb:

My brother is flying in from South Dakota, and I'll have my 14 y.o son, and a friend or two. Cell phone 858-232-8324

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
I'll be there. Got tix yesterday, and some pit passes. Planning on getting there around 1-2 I think, wander the pits a bit for some deals, and then back out to the bar... which today will be a white Toyota p/u with an SB sticker on the bumper. I still can't find my cell, but I wrote down Bruce's, so I'll call him. ...N

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'll be heading there between 12:00-12:30. Probablly section A3 in the parking lot my cell# is 619-571-6459. I'll be in a red Jeep with a gray hard top.

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
Was at the Supercross this weekend. Does anyone know who the rider was that took the big crash in one of the heat races? Did not move for a while . Is he o.k? Laurie

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Originally posted by laurie
Was at the Supercross this weekend. Does anyone know who the rider was that took the big crash in one of the heat races? Did not move for a while . Is he o.k? Laurie

Laurie,

I believe you're talking about the 250 LCQ. Ugly.

A rider gets off in the jump, and out come the yellow flags. Two riders jump anyway, and both hit the bike/rider. One of the bikes hits hard enough to make it difficult for the flaggers to get the bikes apart.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
That was on the opposite side of the stadium from me, and with no binoculars, I couldn't see who it was. No reports as yet that I've seen on his condition. Reports on injured riders have been sparse this year for some reason... C'mon Mr. Bailey? Mr. Coombs?

Yellow flags in racing are for safety... in SX it's supposed to mean no jumping, and no passing; basically, no gaining position under a yellow. I saw it happen at Anaheim 3 too. Start fining people! That said, I also saw some atrocious flagging at SD. One worker actually directed a rider to the side of the whoops where a downed Yamaha pilot was restarting, and they had a completely avoidable close encounter!

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
You know I felt like they really did not want to talk to much about the down riders. I do agree about the flaging. We are always yelling Get the flag out! I would of like to have known about how he was doing. Even who he was. I believe it was the LCQ for the 250 class. I would hate to think because he was a tripple digit number they thought no one cared. I for one truly enjoy the sport and hate to see any of the riders get hurt. God bless them all! Laurie

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by Tony Williams

A rider gets off in the jump, and out come the yellow flags. Two riders jump anyway, and both hit the bike/rider.

that happened right in front of us and all the guys walked away.

the really bad incident was in the second 250 semi i think. same section and the guy was out cold and was stretechered off eventually, but was moving his legs so he must have come round. i think it was #507 which is a local lad.

this is the part of our sport that saddens me. some dorks in front of us thought it was funny, but my wife put them in their place with a few out load comments, they were shamed and didnt have anything wlse to say.

laurie

Jan 13, 2003
Right on for your wife! Thats the only part of going to the supercross I don't like we always seem to sit next to a bunch of guys that have had to much to drink and they are standing up looking the other way yelling out a bunch stupid stuff! Good for your wife she sounds like my kinda gal! Laurie

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom