nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
The guys at Dodge City powersports are sponsoring a poker run through the riverbed from Garden City to Dodge this weekend. It's about what? 40ish miles through fast sandwashes, whoops, downed trees, etc. I just put my MAXXIS SURCROSS's on this weekend, and am pumped to go. Anyone else?

We'll end up at a Restaurant in Dodge City (Casey's??)

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
It's the guys at Dodge City Powersports (Honda, KTM, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Harley). I could look up the # for you, if interested. Otherwise, many of them race here:http://www.dcwkdr.com/ I can't find the event on there, but I think they're doing it Sunday. Not sure. If you want to do it, let me know. It'd be great to ride with you. I'm not on call, so I could make it. :yeehaw:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i love that kind of riding. we used to have a place on the arkansas river, south of tulsa that we could just ride up and down the riverbed, fifth gear, wide open. it was a blast. count me in---next year.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
I'll be taking the boys to the MX race in Plains on Sunday. Steve has ridden with those guys down the river and had a blast. Have fun and be careful. One of the guys the last time Steve went with them broke his collar bone halfway back and had to ride home that way!!!

I'm sure our bikes will cross paths sometime!!!

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
My sister-in-law said she was sure it started at 10:00 am on Friday the 4th.

It sounds like a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I want my kids to take their race bikes through there. My nephew blew his top end riding down there a few months ago so he is restricted from riding it.

My sister-in-law is planning on riding clean-up on her ATV helping stranded riders. I'll have to think on this one....

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Susan, as you know, I didn't make the run. But I had the pleasure of meeting you, your kids and Scott (bro in law for anyone reading) in Plains, y/a. Just as sweet in person, as on-line. :cool:

pssst...she didn't know I was looking, but while Susan was out on the track laying the law down on her ttr, someone went down in front of her. By the time I had the chance to reestablish my focus on that spot, she was helping them out, picking their bike up off of them, dusting them off, etc.... :thumb: Motherly instinct?

I dunno, maybe you won't do that when you're on your 450F at women's nationals in a few years.

Your children were great. Wish I had met Steve (farming). Scott was a good guy, and I plan on milking him for all he's worth. :laugh: Sorry we had to bolt...Sophie fell right asleep as soon as the pickup hit the dirtroad out there. Bikes never even made it off the back of the pickup. :( Let's hook up for practice soon, HOPEFULLY this week (day after tomorrow ;) ) When does it start?

Just seeing that was a good starter for me. Right now, all we're doing is riding various local areas, no real tracks to speak of, and it's time for me to get back on a track, if not just to get back in shape. That track is awesome! Long, spread out, almost GP-like in some sections, but big jumps and tight turns in other sections. Can't wait to get out there. Quintin was pretty sad as well.

I won't be able to make it to Kendall, as I'm on call this weekend. Man, that was fun! Thanks for everything, Susan.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by nephron
pssst...she didn't know I was looking, but while Susan was out on the track laying the law down on her ttr, someone went down in front of her. By the time I had the chance to reestablish my focus on that spot, she was helping them out, picking their bike up off of them, dusting them off, etc.... :thumb: Motherly instinct?

At the three tracks we race at the most, (Dodge, Kendall and Plains) I am known as "The Track Mom". I think they have me ride with the 60 Jrs. for that reason. I am ususally far enough behind, but no too much so, to help pick up anyone that goes down. For the most part I am there before the flaggers.

I just keep telling the parents I'm NOT helping pay for college :confused:

It was really great meeting you and the whole family. I'm sorry things didn't work out with you having a chance to ride. I was surprised they didn't do a dash for cash at intermission. Attendance was less that half of what it was. I told your wife that we were actually going to be out of there earlier than we normally are. There were only 10 motos yesterday when usually there are 18 or more. Maybe the smart people stayed home in the air-conditioning!!!

I guess you can't keep the REAL dirtriders down....

I'm not sure we are going to make it to a practice day this week. Steve blew up the engine on his work pickup and may need the one we haul the trailer with to get around the fields. The kids are wanting to go practice at Kendall on Wednesday since that is where the race is next week. I will miss the race because I have a class reunion in Overland Park on Saturday.

Wednesday night practices usually start around 6:30 or so and continue until dark. I'm pretty sure there will be someone at either track. I'll let you know a little closer to Wed night on where, or if we are going.

I'd love for all of us to go get supper sometime. I think the boys would have a great time together!! Things will slow down for Steve around the middle of August for a little while. Maybe then.

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Sounds great. Maybe you guys could come up for a movie...

After riding last night (our typical spot, south of the Finney Co Fairgrounds), I think I'm going to have to start making the drive to a track. We try to go late, b/t 7:30-8:30 pm to avoid the heat and crowds, but there's almost always some drinking, helmetless ATV'ers out there. It's a pretty nice riding spot, but trails/jumps, etc. are all cut through a bunch of wooded areas that merge into an open sandy area. I just about bit it several times last night, narrowly missing an ATV here and there. It's really a lame way to ride, considering the tracks around.

Oh well....

Hey, Criss told me there's an Arenacross in Liberal in August....

Top Bottom