crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
Hey all.. just thought i would let everyone know that i am putting on another snow scramble at Bridgeton.. the same place they had the D14 harescramble last summer. its going to be on march 9th.. i will have a guest class for people who are not members of the muskegon motorcycle club.. run what ya brung is the rules for tires.. some people will be running kold kutters, others will have bolts in the tires or trelleborgs :nod: .. The track will consist of trails with some open field straights and even some parts of our motocross track :ride: , but it wont all be wide open.. that way it gives the riders and bikes a little break, rather than just pinning it till she blows.. any ?'s let me know.. race will start at 1:00.. march 9th...

Even if your not riding its a blast to watch :laugh:

ALSO THE PICTURES FROM LAST YEARS SNOWSCRAMBLE CAN BE VIEWED AT MUSKEGONMOTORCYCLECLUB.COM

Last edited:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
And lets not forget Crazytrails smoked them all last year to take the overall. Snatched victory out of the hands of Paul Kopps on the very last lap for the win.

Last year all the manly men were thumping there chests wanting a longer race. I think 1/2 of them droped out after the parade lap! Hopefully the snow will be a little more managable this year.

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
YZMAN400 said:
Hopefully the snow will be a little more managable this year.

that's not real likely now is it? we'd have to get some serious warm before that snow is gone (or even down to a reasonable amount.)

We tried to ride single track just north of Baldwin today - No way still just too deep and too hard packed too. ended up riding the sled trails (lots of them out today too for some reason - sunshine maybe?) anyway got into our usual argument with some sled drivers as to how we should be "outlawed" from riding their trails - should be illegal to have a 2 wheeler out here in the winter bla bla bla - this even after I suggested to one "blowhard" that I wouldn't have a problem with him riding his sled in the trails with us in the summer - No sense of humor at all.

anyway there is a LOT OF SNOW in them thare woods.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
And lets not forget Crazytrails smoked them all last year to take the overall. Snatched victory out of the hands of Paul Kopps on the very last lap for the win.

Craze Craze he's our man,, if he cant do it NOBODY CAN!!!!
Another fact that I happen to know about our very own Crazy Trails,, he climbed the Pro Hill Climb hill (known as the wall) at Bridgeton on his RM250 last year - OVER THE TOP YEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Sneaky rascal cant find his way out of the woods though,, just keep the dog gone sun on your right shoulder Craze - for crying out loud it couldnt be any easier :laugh:
He's a braaaaaaaaper that boy is!
Woodsy

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
you guys are trying to get me in trouble :p .. quit drinking and typing at the same time you crazy kids.. :nener:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
hey hey hey hey hey HEY,,, who you calling a kid there whipper snapper??? I was tossing sod before the dinosaurs trod!!! You best be careful,, the next set of carbides I drop at the shop may hit you on the side of your thick beaner :)
Actually I spose I should take your comment as a compliment even though I know it wasnt meant as one hahahahahha

YZweisse396

Nov 23, 2007
Yeah, I would like to know the price too. And will there be different classes to race in?

Tim, you think you might be interested in riding this event?

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
Took the bike out was a test ride yesterday. I tried to go through an empty lot of untouched snow and only made it about 50ft. Just too deep. I could go just fine on the trails were the snowmobiles had it packed down good. If we don't some melting, that is going to be a hard race.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
YZweisse396 said:
Tim, you think you might be interested in riding this event?

I have not been much of a winter rider due to the less than stellar circulation in my hands. It might be fun to go and spectate though :nod:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
If ya go to spectate youll probably end up parking on the road and walking in as there wont be enough parking in the clubgrounds. They can only push so much snow around there to make room for veichles.

So Im bringing a pit bike with me to tool around on and get from the truck to the track.

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
Cost is free, you would be riding the guest class, and yes im hoping for a slight melt.. it wont be all wide open field racing, i will have woods and harescramble trail to ride.

YZweisse396

Nov 23, 2007
Thanks crazytrails for the info. Yeah Tim, I'm seriously considering riding in this event. My Spring Break starts next week, (well, Thursday night for me), and this race is on Sunday which is my last day of Spring break. So this might work out real well.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
YZweisse396 said:
Yeah Tim, I'm seriously considering riding in this event.

I remember seeing a set of ice tires in your barn............ :nod:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You guys that are going to race this thing are going to be a wreck at the end. Last year I saw people fall off there bikes and were too tired to get up again without help. It was ugly. Fun to watch but I dont think I would of wanted to ride it. Id be coughing up a lung 3 laps into that thing for sure.

But Ill be there on the sidelines with beer in hand rooting yas on!

YZweisse396

Nov 23, 2007
Hey Crazytrails, can I ride with a partner in the guest class? I have a guy named Mitch, and we are interested in riding this event as a partner race.

Also, Tim, do you have a set of bark busters I could borrow for this race. It seems that my bark busters are missing a few screws, and do not have the full wrap around bar that helps protect your hands when you hit a tree. Otherwise, I can make it with the bark busters I own, but they might be a bit sketchy. Right now, I'm 99% sure that I'm going to race this event. This weekend I'm going to put my cold cutter tires on, and Mitch and I are going to do some practice. We'll either practice by my house or his house, both of us have an open field to ride in and some trails to get our bearings straight.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
YZMAN400 said:
Sweet....Woodsy can ride Bitch with me :rotfl:

SAAAAAAAAWEET Yzman,,,, if Mr. Lucky or Kiwi reads this they can can vouch for my doublin abilities.. The rest of those clowns dont stand a chance..... Hey,,,, hey hey hey,, this topic brings up another Woodsy story.. Its a factual one that was the very beginning of my "riding bitch abilities" so I think I will start a new thread with it.....
Now ya done it Don...
Woodsy

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
hey everyone.. The snowscramble may have to be rescheduled to the weekend of the 16th.. i recently had an unexpected death in the family and have been scattered..This weekend i was supposed to set the track up, but instead spent with family.. and now with a couple days off of work cannot have it completely ready for this weekend.. im sorry.. any updates on the snowscramble will be posted immediately. Thank You.

YZweisse396

Nov 23, 2007
I am sorry to hear that. I hope the best for you and your family.

Definitely keep us posted on this snowscramble. I'm super psyched to have an excuse to ride and race with a bit of competition.

Take care.

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
snowscramble is scheduled for the 16th.. starts at 1:00.. run wut ya brung rules.. and if someone comes up on ya, move out of the way as soon as possible and safely. thanks all...

oh ya, the snowy chicken is on the 15th..

crazytrails

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 25, 2005
The track is laid out.. lots of virgin woods riding and some open stuff to connect to the next woods portions..its even longer than last years.. should be a good time. hope to see some of ya there..

Top Bottom