Southeast Team Race, Aug 17, benefit for one of ours

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
BENEFIT TEAM RACE
Sunday, August 17th
Diamond Back Motocross Track in Resaca, GA

All proceeds to go to SE&TRA Member Mark
Shuler, who was seriously injured at the Steele Creek GNCC/SE&TRA Harescramble in the spring.

Gate Fee: $5 per person
Race Entry: $30 per person

4-Hour Race, beginning at 10:00 a.m.
1 or 2 riders per team and choice of 1 or 2 bikes per team
2-rider teams must trade riders at the end of each lap.
2-rider teams must compete in class of highest team member
7-10 mile course including a great motocross track.

AMA Membership Required

No trophies; all proceeds going toward the cause.

Classes:
A, B, C, +30, +40, +50

Not only is this a worthy cause, but it is also a great opportunity to break in your new bike, and get your body back into “race mode”. Plus, you are bound to have a great time. Team Races are tons of fun and this track is great!

The use of the Diamond Back Facility has been donated for this cause.

Lets all show our support as well. Hope to see you there!

For more information:
(No calls after 9:00 pm please.)
Michael Grizzle at 706/ 864-5814, or Jeff Harris at 423/ 263-5727

Motel Info:
Hampton Inn 706/ 629-0999
Holiday Inn Exp 706/ 629-8566
Jamison Inn 706/ 629-8133

Directions: Exit # 320 off I-75, go east on Hwy 136 for ½ mile, then turn left onto Hwy 41. Go 300 yards, then turn right on Hwy 136. Go 1½ miles, then turn left on Mt. Zion Road. Go ½ miles, then turn left on Fog Road. Track is at end of Fog Rd.
We need to get a bunch of people together for this!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Dave, yes! Ivan, see below...

I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend, yet (gotta check Ricky's travelling soccer schedule), but if I can't, I plan on sending some additional money along with some of the guys who are attending (Ivan?)

Stumpy

May 31, 2002
Thanks for getting this up, Gomer... you didn't even need the blue pill... :)
We need the best turnout possible for this event. Tell your friends, get the info to your local dealers, spread the word... we will be very thankful.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Gomer,
I agree with Stumpy, thanks for posting this. Hopefully we'll get the majority of the southern spodes out of this race. Even if you don't "race" hopefully you'll come out to ride. It should be a good time and it's obviously for a great cause. Stumpy has been there a few times and said that it's fairly open and not extremely technical, so the casual trail rider should have a good time. That'd be me! :)

Click here for a post from a while back that details Mark's accident. He is making progress and his attitude is second to none. He was released from the hospital on the 25th of July and it's great to have him home again. :thumb:

From Mark, his family and his friends we want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers over the last several months and we hope to see you at the race.

Thanks,
Scott

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Here's Mark at a race in Georgia this year.

Attachments

• p3090967.jpg
    p3090967.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 57

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Two things he can't stand: Gloves AND goggles! He usually has very nice blisters on his hands after a race and always a hole on the top side of left index finger from the clutch rubbing. He's tough! :worship:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Gomer, give Travis a call. Maybe he'd want to run this thing as well?

You and him can race my bike and I'll team up with Danny (if you can bring him)?

That way you and Travis can race for some positions and Danny and I can ride for fun. I may bring out the CR150F and use that around the course so Danny can ride just his bike solo and I don't ride over my head on the course.

I'm really jonesin for some riding if you can't tell.

Ivan

Top Bottom