fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Rain or snow....it does not matter...I am ready to ride!!  I have not been on a bike since last Fall, but I did just watch the "Ready to ride" video!!!!

Late?  I may be early!!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Ain't no stinking rain, snow or ice going to stop me! Now where'd I put them goggles with the windsheild wipers?

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I am having My suspension re-done so my bike my not be done, but I still have BIG RED!!!!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
TD,  Gladwin whoops + Big Reds 20 year old suspension = one very sore back.

Borrow that 200 again...we know you would rather ride orange!!

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Well, da 200 is now all decked out with #1 plates and a whole bunch of junk but if worst comes to best, I could give Greg a call..........;)

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Smitty, get the gore tex out and let's go riding. Think about how many layers you wear to slide down a hill.....

Hope to see you there!

rickshaw
and the forecast gets better every day :yeehaw:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
No, it's not the weather! It's time!

Heck, when we rode TF last fall, it was 29° when I woke up on Sunday. And where were you Mr. RicketyShaw!

If I can snag the 12T c/s sprocket at the bike store tonight, I'll see how much I can get back together. The boy has a BB game Friday evening, so that night is shot.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Although it may be wet (non-stop rain between now and 2am Saturday morning), it will be partly sunny!

Attachments

• weather.gif
    weather.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Walkman, you bet your @$$ I'm packing the enduro jacket. I've only worn it twice and it was soooo freakin' hot...maybe tomorrow will be the perfect application.

And Mr. Smitdog, I was in Bahhston at a stupid corporate sales meeting and would rather have been at TF freezin my ...off with my enduro jacket.

Roll call...who's goin' riding tomorrow????

rickshaw

Last edited:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Michman - I have your panties, and have burned the Polaroids. Your secret is safe with me. I thought sending a PM this way would avoid embarrassing either one of us in the public forums.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Nathan and I will be there. Dennis, just meet at the trail head as I might try to get there early to stake out some parking on the east side of cneter fire lane where we parked last year.

Those that are afraid of the cold and rain should stay home on the warm couch and paint their toe nails. :moon:

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I will be there is my bike. Got it together tonight, and is sweet. Timmay will not be attending 'cause his bike is not together and he and my dad are doing something (sorry kid-napper ;) )

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I'll be there if Tom gets all the cans & bottles back to the store for gas money!
Don

Fly'nBrian

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 3, 2001
I can't make it. Have to work got the call at 8:30 I already had the bike and gear loaded. Now it is all unpacked :(

Have a fun and safe ride. Can't wait for the ride report.

Brian

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I forgot to mention that there will be a group of NON DRNrs riding with us in Gladwin.  They all have the same last name - Keen and they are fast!  The enduros they put on in the 80s created a lot of the trails in this area.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Well, the bike is finally all put back together. Good news is that it started 2nd kick. Other good news is that I didn't have any parts left over. Bad news is that I'm missing that little clip that holds the brass sleeve on top of the carb to the throttle cable. Just a tiny bit of slop in the throttle. Will have to do. I'm too tired to play McGyver bending paper clips.

Never been to the Gladwin loop, but have basic directions. Hopefully I will see you at the trailhead. That is if I can get up in 4 hours and hit the road!

Tom Dixon

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
First off I would like to thank Smit-Dog for lunch. :thumb: :thumb: Very cool. It was a GREAT trail ride. Did some free riding, rode some tight woods and pretty good muddin'. Thanks Keen family, for a great ride.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Man, we had a bunch of riders - about 20 I think. Perfect trail conditions - great traction. No dust, no rain, a little chilly but not too bad. Everyone seemed to enjoy the day. We took off for the 30 mile North loop about 10:30 Am. Not too many crashes were reported, no damage reports to mention. We did encounter a nice little water crossing that I got pictures of. Not too much traffic, I think many people chickened out from the rain and cold weather. That was OK with us! We got back from the loop, took a rest, gassed up grabbed a snack and took off on the 15 mile south loop. Had a nice trip that route too, but a few more whoops. 45 miles total for the day. Then we went to the Wooden Shoe bar for burgers and refreshments, and when we went to pay Smitdog picked up the bill! Thanks Bill that was awfully nice of you! The burgers hit the spot!
Notables:
1. Woodsy got to ride with us, he was almost too late!
2. fatherandson got to ride his new bike!
3. Napper forgot his pink panties, I have the picture.
4. The wooden shoe menu is short: Burgers.
5. 2big4akdx rode his "new" KTM today.
6. Nathan my son went on his first offical group ride. :thumb: :thumb:
7. We rode with a bunch of Keens - a state legend in woods riders
8. It was nice to see the guys from the Thumb (Dennis, Randy and Digger!)
9. Loads of fun today!
10. Lunch was free! (Except for Bill)

Thanks guys for showing up for the first ride of the year.

Next weekend - Pontiac SX!!!!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom