Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
Hi everybody,

I'm going to be swapping a set of 1994 KX125 forks onto my 1995 KDX200 :) . I was wondering if anyone can tell me the stock spring rate for the KX forks.

The Racetech site lists .371 kg/mm as the measured rate, which seems on the soft side; I think I read somewhere that these forks have a progressive rate stock, but I'm not sure.

Lutz

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
No progressives on the 94-that was the 97, they did have soft springs, 4.5 rear and 0.38 front i think.Alot of people liked the 94 suspension.

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
Thanks Marcus. It sounds like these forks might be just the ticket for my bike - seeing as it is mostly trail ridden, with ocasional MX/Jumping. If anything, I might need to swap in some stiffer springs, since I'm using 0.40 front springs in the stock KDX forks.

I'm getting really anxious to get this project started!

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
Yeah, I think I might need the 0.40s too. Not that I'm a heavy guy - I'm only about 155 pounds, but with the heavier bike (KDX vs KX)....we'll see. It would be nice if I could use the springs I have in the KDX, but I doubt they'd fit.

According to Race Tech:
KDX Spring is 35.8x472mm
KX spring is 38.1x487mm

Close enough to work with a spacer for length adjustment? Pretty doubtful based on the Buykawasaki parts diagrams - at a quick glance, there doesn't seem to be a simple spacer to work with in the KX forks. I'll probably just buy new springs if I end up needing a stiffer rate.

Top Bottom