Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I ran the Stoneylonesome harescramble yesterday. UGGG.....did anyone get the number of that truck??? I hurt like hell!! But I guess that's to be expected for someone that's NEVER run one before, just turned 39, and trying to muscle a Kx500 around!! But, I accomplished my goals......I finished the race, didn't break my bike, or break myself!! And, considering there were 30 people in the C class....I think finishing 13th is pretty respectable.

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
I would have loved to come down and run my bike there...but unfortunately my occupation prevents me from Sunday races :(

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Totally respectable finish, Hogwylde!

Oct 10, 2000
I feel like I got beat up too. I think I fell over about 10 times and that was on the first lap. 13th is a very good finish for your first HS, keep it up and you'll be on the podium before the season is over :) Did anyone notice that Clarke MFG. gave away a free gas tank to the C class winner?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Very nice finish in the Vet class, Tim. WTG!

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I'm gonna be back at Stoney on the 28th for the next scramble. Anyone else gonna be there?? If so, come up and introduce yourself. I've got a KX500 with big "dirtrider.net" decals on the front fender and I'll be in the back row with all the other C class riders. :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
What classes run on what days, Tim?
Is there a site for the club?

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wonder how rugged Stoney will be after all the rain? Worse than Lawrence Co.?

Corey, I PM'ed you.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Let me tell YOU!!! It was a mudfest on the Apr 28th one!! Ruts so deep you get your bike stuck in them, slippery, slimey.....YUCK. Oh well, I'll be back there this sunday........AGAIN!! Hopefully all this rain will head a little south and it'll get a couple days to dry out. But at least this time I'll know what to expect.

Who all's gonna be there???? Wheelie?? You gonna make it this time?? How bout U Jaybird?? Anyone else I should look for??? I'll be in the back row with the C class.........you cant miss the DNR fender stickers.

Oct 10, 2000
I'll look for you and say HI, I'm not getting there till about 12:00 so I'll be in a rush to get to the line. Maybe see you after the race?
I wasn't at the last race but I saw the damage!! Tore up real bad, we tried to fill in the ruts and big holes that people got stuck in last race. I think they are laying out a different trail for this race so it might not be as bad. I would still be ready for the worst case senario..... See ya there

Oct 10, 2000
Oh, and don't get discouraged about a bad race at Stoney. If you race Stoney you can race anywhere that theres a Harescramble. Stoney has demanding terain and real rough, thats why Scott Summers would race there on off weeks from the GNCC's.

kadman

Mar 14, 2000
Be ready for some more mud. I work in Columbus near the track and it has been raining all morning. Not to mention the 10" we have had this month. I have spoke to some of the club members from Stoney and was told they are trying to make this weekends course longer in so it will not get beat up as bad as the last race. I also race the C class there. I will try and look some of you up while I'm there. GOOD LUCK

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
Well, after a fairly exciting ride my chain finally got fed up with my sqiddly riding and jumped off the sprocket leaving me a mile or so push to the pits. I also broke off both my barkbusters in separate, but equally spectacular crashes. And I tore the buckles off my boots. That was the weirdest crash. I came to a stop with the handlebar stuck in my boot unable to get up. As I lay there struggling a passing rider ran over my hand. No harm, no foul, glad to provide extra traction. After all that I remain undamaged.

Believe it or not I had fun. I need to get back to riding in the dirt a little more.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Was that you pushing you bike back??? I think I have some video of that!!

Well, my best finish so far. 7th of 18. At least I feel like I worked for this one and my hard work paid off. I'm not so much proud of a 7th finish (i did that last time...7th of 12 though with only 3 laps complete) as I am that I ran 10 laps. This may not sound that great, but the class winner (open C) also ran 10 laps...so this means I was on the lead lap, right??? WOOHOO!!

kadman

Mar 14, 2000
Glad to hear both man a machine survived....well o.k. the man survive. I ended up 5th in the C class. Had several "get-offs" but all in all it went pretty well. I had not done any serious riding since the first Stoney race and I could tell. I can really tell this morning!!!!! The most exciting thing that happened to me was a near crash with a deer on one of the fastest section of the track. I managed to get through most of the big mud holes fine. So there was 18 guys in the C class. I left right after the race and never saw the official potings.

JohninKY

Nov 18, 2000
If you saw someone pushing a CR that was probably me. I broke down at what they tell me is the farthest point on the property from the pits. I don't think it was much more than a mile and not all of it was uphill. I will be back there June 9th. My brain and the bike remember what to do it's just something between them that isn't responding just yet.

dduff73

Mar 11, 2002
7th place good job Hogwylde, I was in 9th until the last lap when my body forgot how to stay on the bike. After falling over 4 times i stopped counting. And yes i mean falling over the 5 MPH type. So I finished in 11th i think. Maybe next time I'll finish in the top 10.

Oct 10, 2000
Nice meeting U Hogwylde, glad to here everyone made out ok. The course held out a little better this time but could have been longer laps.
I was doing Ok until about half way through when I got stuck in the only big mud hole. I was there for about 15 mins, not good!!

Oct 10, 2000
Me!!! Count me in, its the last race of the series and the conditions should be good. John Machineo and Jeff Crieg are fighting for the overall championship and are only separated by one point, who ever wins this race will be the 02 Stoney overall champ.
I will be cooking hotdogs, hamburgers and passing out soda at the conceshion(spell) stand in the morning and after the race, (everyone in the club has to take turns doing this :() stop over and say hey!!

Top Bottom