HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Well, my surgery started Wednesday at 9:30 and lasted until after 1 to put 6 pins in my foot to hold together dislocated bones. I'm home now, loaded up on all the pain meds I can take, but looks like the surgery went well other than a little more damage than the Dr expected from the x-rays.

JKOBD

Jul 10, 2006
Good luck. Sometime I wonder if all this is worth it....but yeah it is. I tore my ACLs back in '93 but they said I was too young to get them replaced (13yr. old at the time.). I am one month out on my first of two knee surgeries for ACL replacement and removing a crap load of arthritis.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
JKOBD said:
Good luck. Sometime I wonder if all this is worth it....but yeah it is. I tore my ACLs back in '93 but they said I was too young to get them replaced (13yr. old at the time.). I am one month out on my first of two knee surgeries for ACL replacement and removing a crap load of arthritis.

I tore my ACL when I was 15 (skateboarding a half pipe) and was also told I was too young for surgery, or better stated that the ACL would heal better on it own (take longer but heal better long term). In my case that seems to have been correct. It took almost a year to be 100% but I'm 34 now and have had no problems at all. I can do squats and other exercises with no pain.

On another note, the surgery has now been 3 1/2 weeks and I'm just now getting to the point where it doesn't hurt badly all the time. Man was I naive of how brutal that was going to be.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I saw the Dr for a follow up last week. He says it looks good but recasted it without even taking an x-ray. I go back 12/22 for an x-ray at which point he'll decide how much longer on crutches I need. This Wednesday will be 5 weeks since surgery and today's the first day I've made it without pain killers and it's not been terrible to tolerate.

I did have to take some Tylenol from the headaches from withdrawl.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Chili said:
Hope it's healing properly and going well Haji, hang in there!

Thanks! It has been grueling, I've never had surgery before and apparently my first time was one of the more painful ones (at least according to the ortho?). I thought amputation would've been a better option the first couple of weeks after surgery! I didn't realize I was so allergic to pain :nod:

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
34.... man, thought you were a young pup. Sounds like all is going well and your healing. Being 34 your old enough to realize you gotta give yourself the time to get back to 100%... ride without being 100% mistakes happen... especially if your use to playing hard. Got a little metal myself two seasons back... took one season to get rid of the spooks... a second season to get the confidience back. Still can't ride for crap but when my sons jumping over me it's all gooooood. Take care......

Top Bottom