royrx

May 19, 2004
I have a 1974 suzuki ts185 with cdi ignition.It has no spark.I,ve taken to shop twice but both time it had spark there.replace ignition switch and it worked great for 1 day.When ignition is turned OFF it sparks ONCE .I've check conector and wiggled wires but nothing.It has place for battery but has never had one in past 4 years and it has run fine until now. any ideas? Thanks

royrx

May 19, 2004
no kill switch.but im going to take off all extra wiring to lights and stuff that I dont need to eliminate chances of bad wires.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I believe the kill switch is in the headlight switch assembly someplace. It's the on/off switch.

royrx

May 19, 2004
I disconnected headlight from wiring harness still no spark.I see ignition switch has a ground wire could it be a bad ground? BUT why do I get ONE spark when engine is kicked over and as key is turned off it always shows ONe spark discharge on spark plug gap I have grounder to muffler?

royrx

May 19, 2004
I got a used cdi unit and it started right up. hope this solves the problem but it also started for a few days when i changed ignition switch.

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I had one o dem, it had a cracked coil, when it would get wet it would short, when it dryed out it just arched a bit. I found it by looking at it at night and seeing the arch. The spark you are seein with the Ign off it probably due to the initial charge current of the capacitor or condenser. Once its charged though it will not pass anymore current untill the voltage leakes down over the primary of the coil.

Top Bottom