+30

Aug 2, 2005
Im not super tall just 6ft.What did you guys do to stretch out your RM? I currently own a 03cr 250 and will be getting a 05 or 06 RM. Just wondering what the best set up any of you have found to get comfy on the bike. The mags kind of blast it for feeling cramped. And if my buddies 02 rm is the same as the 05-06, Im sure I would like some more room to move around.I currently use rg3 clamps on the cr forward 4mm I think. Is there a clamp on the market that can stretch things out far enough to make an rm feel roomy like a honda?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I have an 03 and think the seat height is pretty tall stock. I'm 5ft 10. Pastrana runs a way tall seat. Look into companys like......Guts, Ceet, SDG......? I'm a woods rider and actually lowered mine (for dabbing).....shaved down seat foam and lowered subframe. I do have long monkey arms and moved/rotated bars forward.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
You guys kill me. I'm 6-9 and rollin a 2001 RM250. talk about cramped. I just bought a tall seat and it still ain't tall enough...so I'm stacking the old with the new. I want that seat horizontal from the gas cap to the back fender.

I would kill to be just over 6 ft. But these long legs kept me from going down on more than one occasion :)

Micah

crack rock

Feb 28, 2006
im 6'0 and i just bought an 01 rm250 the seat was shaved by the previous owner so i am going to replace it with a ceet complete seat do you think i will need the tall version or just the standard?

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
It's been my experience that the SDG and Ceet "Tall" options aren't that much taller. So I don't think you would have to worry about getting the wrong seat either way. The standard is cheaper so maybe that would be the option for you. But at 6-0 I don't think the "Tall" option would be too tall.

Micah

crack rock

Feb 28, 2006
which would be better though? would the standard be too low? im also buying some bars soon and would appreciate some suggestions on those as well

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
If the seat has been shaved, then it will be lower than standard. So you have to ask yourself if you want to be up about 1/2 inch (guessing) with a standard seat or more like a full inch with the tall seat? At 6-0 you could probably get away with just keeping the shaved seat.....so it's all up to you. What do you want?

As for bars....CR Hi bend are a popular size. They are about 3.75 inches tall which are considerably taller than stock. Pastrana makes a freestyle bend that is 4.75 inches tall. I'm running some Deegan bars that are 4.90 inches tall. Just knowing what my friends prefer, I would suggest a CR Hi bar. Protaper, Renthal and others should offer this bend.

Micah

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
My 06rm has reversible bar mounts that will make it less cramped. It comes stock on the short side though. You just have to take the handlebars off to flip around the mounts.

Top Bottom