Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
hey im going to re do my graphics and seat cover soon, im 6'3" and i was considering buying some taller seat foam to give me some more butt to foot peg room on my 2000 YZ 125 , i was wondering if anyone has used tall seat foam o na yz 125 around the year of mine and how if any it improved the overall feel of the bike, does it change cornering caracteristics? also since your sitting higher would i have to get some taller bend of bars/ clam set ups?
thanks for your input in advance.....

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Your 2000 YZ is very similar (plastic and seat) to my 1997 YZ. I am 5'10" so it is not as if I am some sort of a giant. I added an applied upper clamp that moves the bars slightly foreward and some Doug Henry bars with very little pullback.

I do not know how to explain the feel for the changes. The bike feels the way it should. I noticed it being much easier to go from a sitting to a standing position. The turning was better after I followed Studboys advise and installed the Henry bars.

You feel the seat being taller, but honestly the difference is very little on a measuring tape.

I had hoped to be abl eto switch between the new and old seat. I cannot even stand the old one long enough to ride with it.

yam 3

May 19, 2000
I'm 6' and have put taller foam on both a 00 and 02...by far the best ergonomic mod I have ever done to a bike. I would do it in a heartbeat.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
its a real good mod- go for the GUTS foam you can get them in different densities- the SDG complete tall seat wasnt ver good IMO

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
alright guys thanks for the input ithink ill pick some up before i slap on new graphics, i have charmicle bend Renthals on my bike right now( they have the least pull back out of all the bends) so i will se how that is ....

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
My good riding buddy has a 00 YZ 125, and he swears by the tall seat foam. I think he got his through Ceet, then he got their gripper cover to go with it. He says he'd do it to his next bike in a heart beat! And he's not even that tall, maybe 5'11". He said it was easier to slide forward and back, and to go from sitting to standing.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom