cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Juts to let you yall know about the 450 Huskys . I just went from a 2-stroke GasGas 2002 250 to a 450 Husqvarna . I was scared that I wouldn't like a fourstroke but I was wrong . I had some little problems . The 450 was hard to start . It was running lean . Put a 35 pilot jet in, drop the clip on the neadle and it runs strong and fast . Starts easy . About the weight its a little heavy when putting it in the back of the truck , or in the shead . But when you ride 450 it fills lite like my 250 GasGas. Stearing is great . It corners real good . And the suspension was a little stiff . It about beat my hands off . But enduro nut and Darrel soften my forks for me and my shock and now it handles great . Instead of chuncking my bike all directions it absorbs the rocks, jumps , whooptedos excellent . Just like all other new bikes you have to do some fine tunning . Power wise you can ride it at low speeds easy and with a twist of the throttle you have all the power you want . Going up hills is easier than my 250 gasgas . You can chug up the hills with ease or twist the throttle fly up them . cdcracing

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
How's the aftermarket for them? It does not appear to need much. A bike that comes a with a skid plat that actuall works is cool. It appears to have much coverage They have one 250 here in the shop but it's a MX one. You should report back with part availablity as you need them please. It would be nice to know. They look to be very nice bikes. I glad that you enjoy yours.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Husqvarna TE Aftermarket parts

Danman said:
How's the aftermarket for them? It does not appear to need much. A bike that comes a with a skid plat that actuall works is cool. It appears to have much coverage They have one 250 here in the shop but it's a MX one. You should report back with part availablity as you need them please. It would be nice to know. They look to be very nice bikes. I glad that you enjoy yours.
I have put N-style seat and tank graphics on it . Also graphicMx makes some and Factory Fx . Also There is a aftermarket pipe that CycleShack of Lubbock TX uses on there bikes. I think they said that the name was Adoma not for sure.You can find there phone # on the usa Husqvarna web site . So far that is all that I know of . When I find more aftermarket I list them .

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Enduro_Nut said:
I tell ya - I don't trust those guys who ride those new Husky's!
:laugh: :laugh:
Texans in particular! :laugh: :laugh:
At least I can ride my new Husky ! How about that VOR ? :laugh:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I'm in Lubbock. I don't own one, but I know some guys that waited quite a while for some Husaberg parts and was just curious if the Husky parts were the same. I know the bikes release was realy delayed in the us due to the importer and was wondering if they are having any problems with parts.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
See I told ya', they get these new bikes and then they get cocky!

The flywheel was loose! I need to tear into it a little further and see if any damage occured - hope not!

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
The delay was that another company was going to merge with Husky . So in 2003 when all the merging was going to happen Husky didn't make hardly any bikes . They were waiting to use the other companys money . Then the other companys banker back out . So then they were behind . Now they are a year behind . Everybody wants a 250 & 450 fourstroke and they don't have enough for everybody . But now a company called Proton has merge with them . That is what I was told . So hopefully production will pick up . I don't know on the parts yet . I've had my bike for about 4 weeks and I'm still waiting for my kickstart assembly kit to get here . My bike starts easy but I would still like to have it just in case .

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Now that Proton(Kenny Roberts consortium) owns 50% of the "Husky Group" the cash infusion has allowed Husky to add a second shift. As cdc racing mentioned they are a year behind so it will take a while to catch up.

I think the Husky name will always be around, the name has such a long history with the public it would be expensive to throw it out.

If I were to change brands Husky would be my 1st choice hands down - they will always be there. :thumb:

garygcjr

Jan 26, 2004
I bought a te 450 this month, love the bike. The issue I have is after it coughs and dies, It refuses to start in gear. Anybody have the same problem?

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
garygcjr said:
I bought a te 450 this month, love the bike. The issue I have is after it coughs and dies, It refuses to start in gear. Anybody have the same problem?
I had the same problems . I put a 35 pilot jet in and drop the clip on the neadle one . On starting pull the choke out ,twist the throttle 3 times , pull the compresson leaver in and hit the start button . After a second release the compresson leaver. If it don't start do it again . Don't hold down the start button for a long time you will drain down your battery . I haven't got mine to start in gear either . I think the engine is still to tight . Maybe after 3 months or so we will be able . Try
the 35 pilot jet and drop the clip on the neddle and I bet it will solve your problems . My starts easier and when riding stopping it starts on the first push of the button .

garygcjr

Jan 26, 2004
cdcracing said:
Juts to let you yall know about the 450 Huskys . I just went from a 2-stroke GasGas 2002 250 to a 450 Husqvarna . I was scared that I wouldn't like a fourstroke but I was wrong . I had some little problems . The 450 was hard to start . It was running lean . Put a 35 pilot jet in, drop the clip on the neadle and it runs strong and fast . Starts easy . About the weight its a little heavy when putting it in the back of the truck , or in the shead . But when you ride 450 it fills lite like my 250 GasGas. Stearing is great . It corners real good . And the suspension was a little stiff . It about beat my hands off . But enduro nut and Darrel soften my forks for me and my shock and now it handles great . Instead of chuncking my bike all directions it absorbs the rocks, jumps , whooptedos excellent . Just like all other new bikes you have to do some fine tunning . Power wise you can ride it at low speeds easy and with a twist of the throttle you have all the power you want . Going up hills is easier than my 250 gasgas . You can chug up the hills with ease or twist the throttle fly up them . cdcracing

garygcjr

Jan 26, 2004
What did you do to the suspension? I live in northern california and I am an 28 yr. old A enduro/CC rider. The bike is a little stiff on most trails. I have heard that some owners of the te 250 drained the fork oil and then replaced it with Bel-Ray 5w at 100 mm.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
All I have done to the suspension was ajust the clickers on the bottom of the forks all the way to the minus . It soften them up alot . They are still a little stiff . I'll be leaving the first of Feburary going to work for about three months and I going to leave the bike with SMS racing of Denton TX . I going to let him fine tune my bike . He will work on my forks and carburator . The bike runs fine but it might need ajustment here or there . I'll let yal know on the fine tuning that he does .

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I've been able to get anything I HAVE WANTED FOR MY BERG? OOW by the way congrats on your new husky can't wait to hear more about it.

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Husaberg are nice bikes to . One day I hope to ride one to see how they feel . Husaberg comes from the old Swedish Husqvarna . When Husky sold out to Cagiva some of the engineers of Husky started there own company Husaberg . That is what I've been told . So I would like to see the difference in the bikes . I bet it handles good like the Husky . They look great . A Husaberg would of been my second choice if I couldn't get a Husky.

kboy

Oct 7, 2003
husky TC-450

I own a 2004 TC-450. Right, it runs a little lean out of the box, but there's a small bag of different jets included when you get your new bike, so it should'nt be a problem. It helped starting/response a lot to raise the needle. A clip or two should do it/turning idle mixture screw. I got my bike on a dyno to jet it properly. Main jet was richened too. 2 sizes bigger I think. (dont have my notes about it on me right now unfortunately). All in all it gained 3 HP just by proper jetting. :thumb: :clue:
The rest of the bike is great!. I changed my fork oil to "Öhlins wt-5" wich made it work smoother. Good cornering, nice ergos!.

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
what are you guys paying for your te450s? Ive heard of guys getting the te250s for as low as 5300!~. Im guessin the 450 can be bought for about 6500. Im not sure though. The thing is- i want a new 4stroke. I dont want to spend a whole lot. I have a 00 gg ec200. So i kinda wanted to stay euro. If i got a honda it wouldnt have the ergos that im used to. But the crf 250x seems like a nice bike and 6000 aint bad. But for 6000, im not sure if ill be happy with the power comin off a 200 stroke. I think the 450 would be a good choice but the ktm is around 7200!! Thats way to much. If i can get a husky 450 for a few hundred over the price of the 250x it would be worth it. But so many people have told me to stay away from them for reasons of resale value and parts availability etc. Hmmm what to do..

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
GASGAS18 said:
But so many people have told me to stay away from them for reasons of resale value and parts availability etc. Hmmm what to do..

Don't fall into that line of bull*$#% ! I can get parts for my old Husky Auto, GasGas and my VOR typically in 3 days! Regarding resale - resale should be good, they are selling them faster than production allows and have proven themselves to be reliable.
There have been several guys on ThumperTalk who have paid around 5,800-6,200 for the 450 which is fantastic. The ergo's are smaller than your Gasser and they feel great. I spent about 1-2 hours on CDCRACING's bike and it is NICE!! :thumb:

garygcjr

Jan 26, 2004
GASGAS18 said:
what are you guys paying for your te450s? Ive heard of guys getting the te250s for as low as 5300!~. Im guessin the 450 can be bought for about 6500. Im not sure though. The thing is- i want a new 4stroke. I dont want to spend a whole lot. I have a 00 gg ec200. So i kinda wanted to stay euro. If i got a honda it wouldnt have the ergos that im used to. But the crf 250x seems like a nice bike and 6000 aint bad. But for 6000, im not sure if ill be happy with the power comin off a 200 stroke. I think the 450 would be a good choice but the ktm is around 7200!! Thats way to much. If i can get a husky 450 for a few hundred over the price of the 250x it would be worth it. But so many people have told me to stay away from them for reasons of resale value and parts availability etc. Hmmm what to do..

garygcjr

Jan 26, 2004
I live in California...stupid tax. I paid 6200 for my 450...plus tax. I know a dealer in sacramento that has a te250 that he has been sitting on four months; said I could have it for 5500 otd.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Hey fellows check out march 2004 DIRTBIKE zine. They have a enduro bike shoot out. That rates the new husky 450 #2. Not to bad?

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
yea my cousin has that mag and showed me. I figured it would come that close. Beleive me, ive been wanting one of these for a while. Screw everyone else! Lol. im getting the damn bike i want. Its my hard earned money. I think im gona try to find me a husky. most likely the 250 is all i need right now if i can get a good deal, but if i can pick up a 450 for 5800! damn. Ill take the 450 in a heartbeat! Why the hell not when ur getting a better and more powerful bike than say the crf250x, and for a lower price! sounds good to me. I have a dealer 40-45 min away, and hr, and abotu an hr and 1/2 away. so i should be all set with parts. Im gona do some searching. thanks guys.

Top Bottom