70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I also like what they had to say about both 300's especially the gas gas. If I were to add a two-stroke to my stable it would be one of those two! My son wants to come to the dark side (thumper power) I'd like him to be on a Euro bike, but he's favoring a new kawi kxf250 because is a small bike over what we've seen so far. I just don't think it's a woods bike? I really would like to get a look @ the husky 250!

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
I forgot my paperwork at work, but the best deal i got so far was 5800 + tax on the te250 and 6200 + tax on the 450. Only problem is that the dealer with those prices is about an hr 1/2 away, whereas the dealer about an hr away gave me a quote higher than that dealer, and the closest dealer was the highest! They were asking full retail if not a lil higher. Hopefully i can bring down the close dealer. I havent done any bargaining yet so we'll see. Theyre just trying to take advantage of a 19 yr old. Little do they know i work in the sales dept for a mercedes benz dealer so I know all the tricks they'll try to use. :moon:

is there a big difference between the 250 an 450? I mean, to me an extra 400 or so isnt bad to get the extra power. I just dont know if i need it. Im coming off a gasgas ec200. I recently took about 2 yrs off riding, but i started about 11-12 yrs ago so i should be able to handle a 450. I do mostly woods riding and open trails too. New england woods are rocky. Im about 5 6- 5 7", weigh about 140lbs. what do you guys think? Just get the 250 and be happy with it or get the 450 and take it easy on it until i get used to it and get better on it?

garygcjr

Jan 26, 2004
I haven't ridden a te250, but my 450 took a bit of getting used to coming off my rm250. From what I've been hearing about the 250, I think that would be a great choice coming off a ec200. The 450 has no shortage of power anywhere in the power-band and it's throttle response make it a bit of a handful at times. Just my two cents. btw I'm 6' 150lbs A enduro/cc rider- just a skinny guy.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
GASGAS18 said:
I forgot my paperwork at work, but the best deal i got so far was 5800 + tax on the te250 and 6200 + tax on the 450. Only problem is that the dealer with those prices is about an hr 1/2 away, whereas the dealer about an hr away gave me a quote higher than that dealer, and the closest dealer was the highest! They were asking full retail if not a lil higher. Hopefully i can bring down the close dealer. I havent done any bargaining yet so we'll see. Theyre just trying to take advantage of a 19 yr old. Little do they know i work in the sales dept for a mercedes benz dealer so I know all the tricks they'll try to use. :moon:
is there a big difference between the 250 an 450? I mean, to me an extra 400 or so isnt bad to get the extra power. I just dont know if i need it. Im coming off a gasgas ec200. I recently took about 2 yrs off riding, I do mostly woods riding and open trails too. New england woods are rocky. Im about 5 6- 5 7", weigh about 140lbs. what do you guys think? Just get the 250 and be happy with it or get the 450 and take it easy on it until i get used to it and get better on it?
Go for the best deal possible!

Giving'em the old killer spirit! It would be nice to see the customer come out on top just once!
With your experience and skill level the 450 should be no problem, But the 250 is supposed to be something really special. Some of the fastest people I seen on the trails are winding up the 250’s." Put it on it pipe and fly". Go for the 250! :thumb:

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
Hah, damn right. They arent gona screw me. Im no pro at it, but everyone at work says im gifted so ill use that to my advantage. heh
anyways im at work se heres the quotes

the closer the dealer the more money they want!

one thats 1/2 hr away- 6299 250 > not sure about tax
6599 450

1 hr away 6100 250 > not sure about tax
6400 450

1 1/2 hrs 5800 > not including tax

obviously an hr an 1/2 aint a bad ride, but ill try to talk one of the closer dealers down especially knowing the others have better offers.
Yea right now i duno about the 250 or 450. I guess we'll hafta see. I havent ridden a 450 4 stroke yet. The 250 will be more fun in the woods, and the 450 will be better on open runs so its a tough choice.

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
yea you're right. The 250 is prolly enough bike for me. I could always sell it later on for a 450 but right now ill save the money and be happy with the 250.
It might be hard to get the other dealers to go down below 5800 but its not a bad price considering they list for 6200. most people are paying 5800 anyways. Maybe if they throw in a pair of boots or somethin and go to like 5600 otd :thumb: we'll see. Let the bargaining begin

hah well first i have to sell my gasgas. errrr. This might have to wait another week or 2 at least.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'd nail them down on the tax thing before your turn the key! To me it sounds like the old bait and switch? Low Price on the phone. When they get you in the show room and jazzed about the bike. Then they add the tax to the low price? I sat on a 04 wr250 yesterday. That bike feels so flick'ble. Maybe smaller is better?

sunnyboy

Feb 24, 2003
I Rode A New Te450 At Up-tite Husky In Santa Ana Ca. Last Mounth.george Was Talking 5,300 For The Bike,i Think He Makes A Pipe For It Also.really A Nice Bike I Was Impressed. Im Due For A New Bike Next Year,hope The Price Stays Low.you Can Call And Talk To George At 714-5402920,he Has Been Mr.husky For As Long As I Can Remember,has Several Vintage Bikes On The Floor Also

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
sunnyboy said:
I Rode A New Te450 At Up-tite Husky In Santa Ana Ca. Last Mounth.george Was Talking 5,300 For The Bike,i Think He Makes A Pipe For It Also.really A Nice Bike I Was Impressed. Im Due For A New Bike Next Year,hope The Price Stays Low.you Can Call And Talk To George At 714-5402920,he Has Been Mr.husky For As Long As I Can Remember,has Several Vintage Bikes On The Floor Also

5300 for a 450? :ohmy: I would love have a fax of that written up to show the dealers around here. Just too bad it says Ca on it. Actually now that i think of it, a while back someone told me about jersey cycles which is only a few hrs from here and they were asking well under what these guys were. Ill get someone to come down. :laugh:

trajisto

May 3, 2002
sunnyboy said:

$6,300 if you are lucky and catch George on a good day! George supports me in my racing and I have a new TE450 from him. Let's just say it was no where near $5,300. He will take care of you in other ways though. Any parts you need are there when you need them. As far as a pipe, tank, skidplate etc. He is still waiting on the proper equipment to manufacturer the parts. The designs are done though. If you are a racer, when you look at the price of the bike take a look at Huskies incredible contingency program :thumb: . All the other manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves.

Thanks,
Travis Epperson

P.S. Race-Tech used my suspension for there new specs. If anybody needs work they(ask for Kevin) will set you up. My suspension is so sweet now. It is exactly what I have tried to get my KTM suspension to feel like for the last three years.

GASGAS18

Apr 25, 2002
no I dont race. I just want a bike that i dont have to invest into to get it where i want. im coming off a gasgas ec 200 so i would like a ktm or a husky.(my bike has all the ergos they do) the ktms are a lil too expensive. My cousin has an rfs 250 and i think its underpowered stock. the husky 250 is a sweet bike, but ill prolly get the te 450 for an extra 300 or w/e because its suppposedly only 5 lbs heavier or something so i think its worth it. Someone like me wouldnt know the difference.(except power) i fell in love with the huskies when i first saw them and its the bike i want and the bike im getting lol.
whats their contingency program?

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Well guys , I'm back for 2 days . Just thaught I would see If anybody is still talking about the Huskys . . While I'm off working I'm letting SMS of Denton TX work on my TE 450. So far He has work on the suspension getting it set right . Put a steering damper on it . And is going to put a pipe and silencer on it . I think its called Adoma . I was going to put a FMF pipe and silencer but they said they won't make one until summer . I'll be gong back to work for 4 to 6 more weeks and when I get back , I'll let yall know what jetting he done with the pipe and the other stuff he is doing to the bike. Somebody was asking about prices on the Huskys . I live in Texas and went out of state to Leabon Mo. to Leabon Suzuki . I paid 6699.00 . In Texas I would have paid that price + taxes . Also with the shop you get a $1000.00 rebate. There # is 417-588-3880 . cdcracing

Unkle Moose

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2001
I just a got new TE450 and love it, need to work on the suspension a little, all it needs is a larger tank which I hear is coming soon :) I also seem to stall it alot (been riding a 02-Husaberg501 with revloc for 2 years) need a little mental adjusting.

GARYGCJR are you racing the Fools Gold Enduro, if so let me know what number you get so when you come into my check I can mark you a minute early :debil:

Kraig
CERA President 2004

cdcracing

Jan 2, 2004
Got my TE 450 back last week . SMS of Denton Texas work on my suspension , put a doma silencer and a wer steering dampner on it . On the suspension he revalved the front forks and rear shock . He said that the reason the front was so stiff was that the spring on the shock was to soft . He put a stiffer 5.4 spring on the shock . I rode it once sence then and my hands were no longer hurting from riding . And the suspension handled great . The Doma silencer to me seemed to make the bike crisp . I never stalled the bike the whole day of riding . Also seemed to start easier . I'm also running a 35 pilot . Also the steering dampner handles great . SMS did a excellent job on my TE 450 . You can contact them at 940-381-0730 . I talk to Hall's Husqvarna and they said that IMS will be coming out with a larger tank . Also emailed E-Line to see if they have a rear pipe guard for the huskys and they said they would look into it. If you have burnt your pants on your pipe where the silencer meets the pipe email or call them to see if they will make that product . :aj:

Top Bottom