BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
TeamDRN and the Support Team are PROUD to announce Local Chapters. The Local Chapter idea has been in the developement stage for a few months and is now ready for your viewing. TeamDRN Local Chapters are riding groups in various regions of the country and the world.

Mission Statement
The purpose of the Local Riding Chapters is FUN. Along the way, it is hoped that each Local Chapter can do something positive for their communities and the sport. A positive portrayal of off road motorcycles is essential for the continuing access to public and private lands. Helping our communities will aid the off road community in their common goal, access for our sport.

Scope
A local chapter will be an independent entity. There should be no membership fees. Each chapter should select a leader to direct its members in community events, trail rides and promotions. The chapters should be informal and welcome local riders. Events should be available to all ages and skill levels. Organizers shall be responsible for any and all fees necessary to conduct “bar to bar” racing events, rental fee’s, and insurance. Weekend rides may not require anything special but caution is advised. Terrain, weather, and legal access to riding areas should be considered and all local and state laws shall be observed.
Members should conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to those in attendance. All riders are encouraged to wear protective gear at organized events. Safe events will be successful.

How to start a Local Chapter
This is the simple part. Get with your DRN buddies near you and your other riding buddies then select a name for your group. Select a name that will reflect your group in some way. Please keep the names appropriate enough to say in church or to your grandma. Select a place to meet and set a direction for your chapter to go. You may wish just to set up a ride or you may want to become active in some local charity or event. Regardless, have fun. Promote yourselves to the community in a constructive way.
DRN may make available, for a fee, web space. This web space would be for your chapter to announce upcoming rides, civic events, or just to show off your talents (or lack there of). However, the administrator of DRN, shall have the final say on content and any advertising placed on the web space, no exceptions. These details can be worked out with the administrator when it becomes necessary. Payment of any fees shall be the responsibility of the chapter’s members. All arrangements for web space, links, advertising, and content shall be at the discretion of the Administrator. Each chapter can do an independent web site if they choose.

Comments:
I would like to thank the Support Team, Justql, MX547, Sawblade, TX246, OKKX'r, DavTys, Craig_Enid, and Lorin (The Heartland Spodes) for the idea. This group has been fantastic riding buddies and people I’m proud to call my friends. Thank you DRN for giving us a place to meet. BSWIFT
CHECK IT OUT HERE!

Last edited:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
But what about all of the restraining orders and court orders limiting how many of us can be in one place and how close we can get to a dealership:confused:

Once we're registered, do we have to have shots?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sounds like a personal issue. :eek:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
OK, so I can talk about it now...yes Brian? :)

Folks living in the Kentucky and Indiana area, we are starting the Kentuckiana Chapter of DRN. Anyone interested in joining us, drop me an e-mail: Jaybird@dirtrider.net

We plan on having several rides during the year, including representing at DW'02. Also, I think that our group can put on some great charity events of some sort. Nothing better than to give to those less fortunate than ourselves!

Our group will be open to anyone who want's to join us, however I think that we will need to be members of DRN. Some of our rides may require us to also be AMA members, but those are some issues we can work out.
Also, since we have the luxury of utilizing Okie's gracious bandwidth for meetings and voting type stuffs, we really don't need physical bounderies. In other words, if you live in Podunk Mississippi and want to be a Kyana spode, then you are more than welcome to be one of us!

One more thing, PLEASE READ BSWIFT'S MISSION STATEMENT! He has spent alot of time editiing this document and I think it does a good job of summing up what we are about.

"When we meet..we EAT!" :aj:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
When do we get our NTSP chapter? For those of you not in the know, that would be North Texas Smack Pack, we aint real fast but we sure do like to talk smack. I think that there are enough people interested.

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Actually youngster, NTSP is not very fast at all. Matter of fact, we are pretty slow, really slow, but if you hear us talkin `bout it well, we are just the fastest thing around North Texas;)

yzguy15, We discussed it (NTSP) and decided you are in charge. Didn't you get the memo?

So whats the plan?:eek:

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We'll see about getting the NTSP forum up soon. Thump posted a great logo, I hope he'll have time to create some more.:cool:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The forum is there, under Central Chapters.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
The forum is there, under Central Chapters.
See, what did I tell ya! LOL! Thanks Okie.:cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
SoCal Wrecking Crew

SoCal Wrecking Crew sign up.

Desert_racer
JPIVEY
Ol'89r

Last edited:
Top Bottom