BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
The only question(in my opinion) left in the Chapter bylaws is in Section IV: Membership. The result of the poll show two thirds want the membership to be free with no AMA membership requirements.
Okie made the point, " I don't think each chapter has to be sanctioned by the AMA anyway... they should be sanctioned under DRN (TeamDRN). Everyone that joins the Chapter is automatically a member of TeamDRN and has access to the insurance, benefits, etc. (Correct me if I'm wrong AJ or Wardy). Every member of TeamDRN does NOT have to be an AMA member." This seems to be the only hold up before voting to accept the bylaws and submitting them for approval by the AMA.
PapaKeith brought up some very good points concerning "organized" events needing insurance(CYA). I think we need a "legal" type person to draw up some guidelines for the chapters to use that will help distinguish "organized" from just another get together for riding, in other words, CYA.
Question: should we get a clarification from AMA on this issue? I would think they would require membership(it adds to the AMA) but Okie's opinion seems logical. Let me know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom