The Damn Yankees do Catraland/Unadilla

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
After four days on the road I’m finally getting the chance to post my report on last weekend.

Catraland:

I’m pretty sure everyone had a good time. Too bad the logging machine tore up my original path. At least we found our way around. I’d say that Papakeith and rippinrol should split the Damn Yankees most spectacular crash award. Although I didn’t see PK’s get-off, I heard that it was a perfect two-point landing with the front wheel stuck in a tree and the back wheel on the ground. Talk about determination though. It may have taken him four more tries, but PK made it up the hill. Like DJ said, you have what it takes to be an enduro rider. As for rippin’s crash, I saw this huge dust cloud on the trail ahead. Then I saw a KTM on the ground off to my left. About 25 feet away, on my right, rippin was laying on the ground. Of course I think his KTM has an affinity for being on it’s side. When PK was making his multiple hill climb attempts, rippin’s bike fell right over on it’s own. The best part of that ride was definitely having our own personal mosquito fogger following us around. I wonder if dirtybkr has fixed that crank seal yet. Of course for all that fogging it happened to be my fragrant gear that attracted all those flying bloodsuckers. I’m glad everyone had fun, or at least pretended to have fun. Hopefully we can all get together and ride someplace else real soon.

Feast at dirtybkr’s:

That was good turkey, wasn’t it! Sorry about the oil on the driveway. It’s too bad more people didn’t show. I don’t think we ate half of that 24-pound bird. The rest of the food was excellent too. Wish I could have spent some time in the pool, but getting anywhere on-time has become difficult this year when I need to bring along Mrs. Woods and Woods Jr. Not that I mind.

Unadilla:

That Bubba kid is fast! Ricky is pretty damn quick too. Although he knows there’s a target on the back of his head and Bubba is sighting in the crosshairs. Watching the pros ride an old-school track is awesome. Next year we’re going to have to attempt a few laps on the amateur track.

Someone managed to snap a pic of Papa and his Thursday night riding buddies.

Attachments

• papakeith.jpg
    papakeith.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 274

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Hey Dan, the Turtle's gonna get us! :scream:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I thought we were the LIST!

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Ya know we probably shouldn't be pick'en on him right now. State worker, Friday afternoon, long week, he probably had to leave early cause he was tired.
But seriously, Papa we'll go riding up in the Berkshires some time, my treat. See I got this friend goes by the name of Bobler, he'd be happy to take us on a little ride. ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
*shudder*

:)
I didn't go home early. I was having my 3 martini lunch.
Great weekend!
When I get a break in my busy schedule, I'll do a write-up.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
State worker, Friday afternoon, long week, he probably had to leave early cause he was tired.
Nah, he's really daydreaming about going Ninja on us next time we go riding. :)

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Dont let those guys get to you Papa-ninja, they need each others support, ya see they're still trying to get over the embarisment of owning these bikes called 'gasgas'.:moon:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
Another source of entertainment, the guy on the KTM's
Yeah, I remember seeing a KTM rider who dropped his bike four times without moving forward.

Hmmm... wonder who that coulde be???

P.S. Welcome to the club dirtybkr ;)

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
Yup !! :aj: Way cool , I spent the day on it Sat . It's a very nice ride .The motor is smooooooooth . I will tell you what , it's a good thing Knobbie and I talked price before he took me up a very twisted and rutted out hill climb . That bike walked right up it with me along just for the ride . The same hill 4 weeks ago with the KX resulted in alot of pushing and cussing . When I hit the top with the 300 with out breaking sweat , I would have given him ANYTHING for that bike . :)

dirtybkr

Mar 17, 2000
By the by , I saw more than one KTM being bounced off its side a great many of times . Rippinrol fell over so many times on the side of that hill we wern't supossed to be, on I was going to start calling him Tip-n-roll .

Last edited:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I tend to think rippin's bike was possessed or something. It fell over without him even being on it.

Of course I thought there was something awfully familiar about rippin's crashes too. Turns out he crashed right in front of me at the '00 Midwest Spodefest during the moonlight poker run.

BTW dirty, you don't have anymore excuses for riding in the back where nobody can see your mistakes... not that we could see around the cloud the KX used to leave. :eek:

Last edited:

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by WoodsRider

Yeah, I remember seeing a KTM rider who dropped his bike four times without moving forward.

Geeze, ya know,....I do believe I recall seeing Woods getting horizontally intimate with a certain piece of 'EPA declaired wetland'. :confused:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Shaw520
Geeze, ya know,....I do believe I recall seeing Woods getting horizontally intimate with a certain piece of 'EPA declaired wetland'. :confused:
Yeah, that was me. The difference was I picked my bike up and got going again roosting the guy behind me rather than drop it three more times for everyone to see. :)

Top Bottom