the medic said...........and i said @#$!

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
its friday and i finally get to see the orthopedic. lower leg is now only twice the size of its twin. ankle looks like someone smeared grape jelly all over it with a touch of moldy green and yellow. doc gives me an exam and the results. he says "see when i squeeze your calf your foot doesnt move........not good." he goes on the explain that the part that is torn is the actual part of the tendon that connects to the calf muscle. " i cant stitch it back to your calf" good news is that you wont have to have an operation.........bad news is you will be in a cast for 6 weeks and no weight bearing of any kind on your leg. :( this sucks because i do retail and im on my feet for 8 hrs a day. as he is telling me this stuff, my lips kind of go numb and i get sick at my stomach. my whole summer is shot to hell. not only do i moto, but no sailboat, no water ski, no mountain bike, no august backpacking in wyoming. he goes on to say that after the 6 weeks in a cast that ill be in a boot for another month. then some rehab work. in 2-3 YEARS the effects will be gone. hell, ill be so fat after this that ill need to respring the bike. :aj: wish me luck.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Ouch! You'll find the motivation to improve on that time. When I broke my tibia I got the same type of prognosis. Check around for an aggressive ortho. Hang in there and lay off the Ho Ho's.

B

biglou

Send the Ho-Ho's to Swift's house! :D Hang in there, Gene. Let us know if we can do anything for you. :(

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Why do you think i way 215. August is the two year anninversary of my wrist. Doc said two year to get over it. It's still tight. And I'm fatter.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
you know this is the first time ive ever been in a cast and i dont have any decent motostickers on it at all. if yall got any moto related that you dont want send em to

gene johnston
1329 heather
denton, tx 76209

i dont want people to think i got hurt playing softball!

B

biglou

Gene-On the way! I got a couple really cool Alpinestars stickers with the new boots. You can put'em on your new "boot"! :) I'll throw in a couple other special ones, too. You 'll have the most stylin cast around! If you still have it on at DW, I'll do some hand artwork on it. :)

CC_RIDER

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 15, 2001
Whoa...... that's bad! I'm feelin' for ya. :ugg:

I'll send some stickers too.

Here's some mojo to cheer you up in the mean time.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Softball! That's a yuppie ailment in itself. :p I'll send some stickers as well. Been in a cast for a while myself. You'll get used to it.......NOT. Hang in there my friend. Get some good mags to read/re-read.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i plan on saving my cast so i can fill it with plaster and mount it on some piece of wood. some lucky sob is going to get it as a trophy at dw2!!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by tx246
i plan on saving my cast so i can fill it with plaster and mount it on some piece of wood. some lucky sob is going to get it as a trophy at dw2!!
I don't need THAT trophy! :scream:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
***VioletSP here***

HEY! whats wrong with getting hurt playing softball? Now if you hurt yourself with a softball I can see that being a little embarrassing but sliding strawberrys hurt just as bad as face slappers.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
***VioletSP***

a year ago if you told me that face slappers hurt my response would be somewhere along the lines of "if you wouldnt annoy people while in striking distance you wouldn't have that problem now would you"

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
violetsp if you are playing fastpitch, im not going anywhere near that field. moto related injuries get more gasps from the uninitiated than tripping over home plate. i do have to admit that im already tired of people telling me that im not a kid anymore.

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
***VioletSP here***
haha I dont have the reflexes for fastpitch!!

If you want even better gasps you could just hang a sign from the end of your foot--
"broken while saving blind orphans from a flaming bus wreck."

or if you wanted to stick to the truth but dont want to deal with critics you could just have it read

"If you feel it necessary to point out that I'm not a kid anymore be warned that I will hit you with my cane."

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
TX, did you get stickers yet?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
man gene, this sucks. im laid up too, but i have a soft cast, so no cool stickers :( what you doin to keep busy?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
milk,
hang in there buddy. i did all the tv/internet/reading that i could stand last week while waiting for the swelling to go down. today makes one week in this cast(5 more to go) and another month in a walking cast. i got to go to work on tuesday but had to go in a wheelchair(docs orders). a guy who works for me is a parapelgic and is giving the "rookie" (me) a hard time. he can carry a wheelie forever. i try not to get frustrated because i know its not permanent. im praying for your comfort because i know its gotta hurt way more than mine. mine hasnt been bad at all. i take asprin to keep the swelling down . hurts like a bad sprain. eat all your veggies and do what the doc says to the letter. talk to ya later.

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
I think I might have found my god-send last night actually.

Im 6'3 230 and dwindling, but I have a brother that was an ortho-tech for a number of years, and he is a powerlifter. He came over last night, and I got in the wheelchair. He adjusted the legs and pads for me, and the carried me and the chair down the two steps that have been hindering me. This will be great because he told me he will load me up at night and push me anywhere I want to go. I cant push myself yet cuz of this left elbow but in 4-6 weeks I will. :confused:

He told me he will load me up Sat. night and push me to the race track too. :)

Anyone here on AOL IM or Yahoo mess often or now?!?!?

B

biglou

You guys go easy in them wheelchairs, now, ya hear? I don't want to read any wheelchair ride/crash reports. No racing. No wheelies. Keep those things in first gear only. And wear your helmets! :debil:

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
If I could only roll the chair myself...

Top Bottom