yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
TORO Race #308 - Muenster, TX - Feb 14/15

So, anybody up for another one? The only person that made it to the last race was taraker. Come on Keetoman, enduro nut, JMD, stan, grady ... Muenster is a great place. Yall know it and love it, why not race it? Come join us on Valentine's weekend. I'm going up on Sunday morning, the amateurs are the first race. :joke:

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Jimbo and I will probably do it. Last year's race was really fun, and this year's course is even better. It's going through Pete's Gate this time; pretty cool.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I just hope the track isn't a lot of creek bed or really open stuff (like last year, with that like 2 mile straight). JMD, we've never met. Hopefully we can find each other at this year's race.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
To borrow a friend of mine's favorite phrase "Could be, Could be..." :think:

It would be nice to meet you guys! It's been 2 years of talking with you guys online which is frutrating not meeting everyone.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
YZGuy, I loved that long straight through the meadow; with my six-speed, I was blasting by everybody in the neighborhood. (OK, sure, they passed me again in the woods, but it was fun while it lasted.)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I always thought it was a church, too, probably because when I pass by it I'm always praying that I don't break another rib.

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I'm thinking it will be too cold to take my little ones out. I have to catch up with ya'll later.
Dennis

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
we're on the fence as of now. gonna see what the weather looks like tomorrow morn.

Keetoman

Mar 16, 2003
Hey, what's with all this white stuff on the ground?? Up here close to the river, we are still getting a lot of snow so it could be interesting tomorrow for you guy! Good luck!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
We're goin up tomorrow morn. See some of ya there... maybe!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Sure wish I would have seen that last post before this morning. We were up at 4:30 and gone at 5 to get up there and nobody was there. I was kinda pissed cause there wasn't even a stupid sign or anything. They could have posted a sign saying "TORO Race Cancelled" or something. I can't believe they cancelled, it was just a little snow. It was only 24 degrees when we got up there this morn too, so warm I was already sheddin layers :)

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, Jimbo and I arrived for Saturday's practice and got the word. Apparently the TORO guys made the decision, not the Red River Dirt Riders. The landowner wanted everybody out after they decided to cancel, so everyone had to clear out. You're right, though: it would have been a great race; it was just a little snow. And they really should have had a sign out.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I was really looking forward to riding in a little snow and mud. Oh well. Hope they re-schedule the race. Getting ready for John Zink now.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
The rule book says that the default date for a weather postponed race is the following weekend. We'll have to see what the BOD decides.

Well Shawn (TORO Pres) says that it won't be this coming weekend. Too bad, woulda been best that way.

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
They're not going to reschedule; the Red River guys are taking the arrows and ribbons down this weekend. They had most of them down already today. Mrs. Harris wants everything down--all the old ones, too. She feels that they give people a false sense of confidence to go fast following the arrows, when there stell could be people going the wrong way. Too bad. On the other hand, maybe the four-wheelers will stick more to the main trails and stop following the enduro course and widening all the good trails.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
The marked TORO track was great. Me, Jeff, and Roger all rode it on Friday. You missed a good one there JMD. Maybe we'll catch ya on the next Friday ride?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I can take a weekday off every now and then, so I'd like that. It was so crowded yesterday, Saturday, that you constantly had to beware of oncoming traffic. Weekdays are nice, because you have the place pretty much all to yourself. I'll try to make the next one.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom