Would you be interested in cutting trails?

• Yes, very

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not really

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, if Wayne buys the beer!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hey all you DYDR's! Hope you all got those winter blues out of your systems the past weekend. Spring is finally here, and Ive been instructed to get the word out on some property that my family used to own near Monticello. We used to have 40 acres, and the new owner who is a good friend of mine is looking for something to help pay his property taxes, (hes not looking for a gold mine), and presented the idea to me about starting a small riding club where we can cut, carve, or whatever into the existing land some single track trails. What do ya'll think? I figure with all the wise folks in here you would have some good ideas. I dont even know how many miles we could do, but there is a variety of terrain that would be really wild to make trails on. Almost everything except water. There are some nice hills, (the property sits on a mountain), and only a few existing trails. The potential is pretty good, IMO.
So anyone thats interested, please post here or PM me. Im looking to get started up there soon. Thanks!

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Where is Monticello?
Is there adjoining land that can be purchased and/or leased (40 acres is rather small)?
Will ATVs be riding there?
Details man, we need details!

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hey Bill-
Monticello is about 130 miles from you. We owned some property in addition to the 40 acres, but we sold it last year. There is plenty of riding adjacent to the property, and miles of powerlines. I am heading up there to break some trails Friday. Im bringing alot of tape, and plan on setting up some nice trails. It may make for a good future campsite/riding area. Like I said theres plenty of goat-trail stuff for you ;) and anyone else that wants to break in a new spot.

And so far, theres only one quad, the owners. :yeehaw:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
sounds good. A little far for me, but I'll bet you could get some New Yorkers to come together and help.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
If you want true singletrack keep the quad in the garage. I would like to help you out, but I just don't have the time this spring/summer. My honey-do list is growing. What time I do get to ride will probably be turkey runs and, if I ever get the 'taco back together, some vintage-class observed trials.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I'll swap trail cuttin time. I'll bring the chain saws, clippers, kids, etc. if you will help add good trails to my place. We have over 11 miles of stuff ranging from single track to fields spread over 240 acres. There is another 2-3 miles of single track hell that need cleaned my kids ride inspired by lori and dave K. Also another couple of miles of really tight stuff for the crazed woods types. In addition We bought another 25 acres on a hill side last month that would make for a really good MX track. That backs up on another 60-75 or so that needs trails as none exist yet over there.

Top Bottom