tn_tuxedo

Oct 9, 2004
A couple weeks ago I bought a Trail Tech helmet light kit. While pricey, these things rock! They're way brighter than the 65 watt halogen headlight on my bike and only draw 26 watts. In fact, they're bright enough that I can ride at night without my headlight. Good stuff!
I had TT rewind my stator and installed one of their DC regulator/rectifiers and a battery. I can run my helmet and headlights off the bike's electric system. No having to stop and swap batteries because my lights go dim. Nice. The kit comes with 1 battery that they say will run 2 lights for about 2 hours. I carry that as backup and save it for emergencies and trail breaks.
Now, all I need to do is ditch my halogen headlight for an HID unit and I'll get even better light and decrease the load on my electric system by 1/3.
BTW, have any of you tried any of the HID conversion kits like the McCulloch or Promax kits? Can they hang offroad?

tn_tuxedo

Oct 9, 2004
Yes, there is. Ther plug is next to the steering stem. Ther connection is alot like the plug on a set of studio headphones. It will stay together while riding but come apart in the event of a crash. I don't even notice it while I'm riding.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
While this is probably great for the person with the light on his helmet I have to wonder what your buddy thinks of it.

The buddy stops to take a breather, you pull up along side. Of course you are going to look at your buddy. There goes his night vision for a while!

Rod

tn_tuxedo

Oct 9, 2004
Yeah well, I'd rather have my buddy seeing spots during a break because I looked his way than have me seeing stars due to a wipe out. There's this neat little button on the controller. It turns the lights on and it also turns them OFF.

Top Bottom