colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
I need some help i am going to be looking at an 04 TTR 125E for my wife. It has less than 20 hrs on it, upgraded suspension springs, a FMF pipe new tires. Just wondering what do you think i should be paying for this I looked up KBB but I wanted to ask people that actually ride. I think I have talked her down to a good price $1250. Does that sound good to you guys?

This will be my wifes first bike hopefully she will like it. :blah: anyways thanks for the help/advice

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Sounds MORE than fair if the bike has been taken care of.

colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
Cool thats what I thought but I havn't been around dirtbikes for about 10-12 years and am trying to get back into. Need to make sure she likes it first

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
andrew peck said:
sounds like a good deal but i would go with a ttr230 just bigger and a better bike
Probably not true, when considering the wife most likely will be learning to ride on this bike. For most beginning riders, a smaller, lighter, bike is much more confidence inspiring than a heavier, larger bike. Building self confidence is the key, especially with less aggressive women.

My wife has returned to riding in the last 2 years. She's 5' 8" and started back on an XR100. She is still more comfortable now on our TTR125, and rarely rides our TTR 250 I bought for her.

Get her the TTR 125. Let her tell you if and when she wants a bigger bike! BTW, there are some dealers heavily discounting the '06 & '07 TTR 125L's, since they have restyled the '08's. I've seen dealers listing them for sale for under $2K (non elec. start versions, just over $2K for the LE's.)

Good luck & have fun! Ken W

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I agree with Ken 110% too big of a bike can cause problems and turn a rider away. It also sort of depends on the size of the wife/girlfriend as well. In my case my wife is 4'-11 (on a good day first thing in the morning) so my son's XR80 was a perfect fit for here to start on and she's comfortable riding it on occasion (pink "Barbie" helmet and all).

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The TTR125 is absolutely the best type of bike to get a beginner started and make them love dirtbikes forever. The TTR230 is a slow, heavy, and just too big bike for most new riders. They just aren't FUN, but no matter where you ride bikes like the TTR125 and CRF150 always bring a smile to a new riders face.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I just spotted a new '07 TTR 125 L at a Yamaha dealer for $1799.00, FYI

If you are not feeling confident in regards to your own mechanical knowledge as far as inspecting the used one, pay a mechanic (buddy?) to go with you when you go to buy it. This step will pay for itself very quickly! :cool:

Best of luck to you! KW

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
I agree with everyone that has said to pick up the TTR125 for your wife. At 5'5" that bike is a perfect fit for me. I can touch the ground comfortably when I'm sitting stopped, if I drop the bike or fall down I can pick it up easily, and I can even load and unload it from our enclosed trailer with no problems.

The upgraded suspension and new pipe make the bike better than the stock model, too.

Good luck and have fun!

colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
Thanks for all the input guys I picked it up Friday night. She said its the perfect height for her she is about 5'4 she is excited to ride.

Top Bottom