CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Alright, it’s time to start planning! We’ve been talking about it for a while now. Let’s make this a ride to be remembered! I realize it’s only 2 weeks after Loretta Lynn’s, but I wanted to keep it away from Thanksgiving and White Rock. I want to see a lot of familiar names start posting with confirmations! TTRGuy, GSR, Jaybird, Wheelie, Irish, Timr, Julius Pleaser, gnarlykaw, Yamahauler, Darby, Jay-R, jsned, SPD, Tenn Thumper, KC crew… Let’s hear it!

3 day passes to Turkey Bay are $15
Annual passes are $45 and run from March to March
Primitive Camping at TB is $8
There are tons of campgrounds throughout LBL.
Click Here for LBL info

Motels in Aurora, KY:

Early American resort - $41.95 / night pet charge of $8 Across road from Willow Pond restaurant. 270-474-2241

Ken Oak Resort - $41.95 / night pet charge of $5, has a refridgerator. 270-474-8000

Fin n Feather - $42.51 allow small pets, 2 night min. 270-474-2351

Lakeland resort - double bed $42.51, queen $46.87, 2 double beds $46.89, $5 pet charge, First motel on the right, next to The Hitchin' Post(traveling East on US 68).
270-474-2292

All of these motels/cabins are on US highway 68 (the only road through Aurora).

For those of you who don't want to camp or stay in a hotel, we can handle about 10 or so at our house. Only three rules, though! No drinking, no smoking, no cursing. And Jay, if you stay, you've got to bring me a bottle of lube! ;) Eddie, if you and Aimee stay, you've got to bring breakfast! ;) Irish...well...just take some ridlin or something! :eek: Anyone else, bring a moto film. I live 40 minutes from Turkey Bay. There are also 2 MX tracks about 4 miles from my house, if some of you guys want to MX. <-- $5 day

Let's Ride!! :yeehaw:

P.S. If you need to get ahold of me:
Home: 270-898-4881
Cell: 270-559-0698
corey@vci.net

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL
Irish...well...just take some ridlin or something! :eek: [/B]

:think: I always forget to take my Meds :) :yeehaw:

Great choice on dates Corey, I almost thought it was going to conflict with my monthly trip to Greenville :( If it's too cold to camp YZ400guy and I will comute from Clarksville each day. BTW, I'll be down there next weekend, up for a daytrip?

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU
BTW, I'll be down there next weekend, up for a daytrip?

Phillip

Can't make it this weekend. We're having a missions seminar all weekend at church.

You NEED to go to Loretta's with us the 26th!

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
I will be in Harrisburg IL for 5 days that weekend visiting relitives. I always bring my bike and hit Crab Orchard, but will definitely make TB for 1 full day.
I will keep looking here for updates, and plan to be there what ever day you think you will do the most riding.

I think it would only be a 1 1/2 drive from say Marion Il anybody know for sure.

I am going Oct 25-28th just to let anyone know.

david.dowdy

Aug 16, 2001
Pretty cold then :scream: But if you can handle it Cory so can I. It would be nice if we could setup some sort of course. We need a new chapter called Turkey Riders and have a logo of a motocrosser riding on a Turkey :aj:

Just an idea!

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by david.dowdy
We need a new chapter called Turkey Riders and have a logo of a motocrosser riding on a Turkey :aj:

Just an idea!

I was thinking more along the lines of the "Turkey Bay Assault Club" :thumb:

Logo of a Turkey and a MX'r on a missle coming in.

Phillip

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Temps. should be in the 50's at the least and could even be in the upper 60's. That's not cold! That's PERFECT riding weather!! :yeehaw:

Aimee, you and Eddie better come down here...and bring gnarlykaw with you!

jsned, Saturday will definately be the best day. And yes, Crab Orchard is about 1 1/2 hours away.

Hey Dave, the least you can do is spell my name right! :silly:

david.dowdy

Aug 16, 2001
Oops I can't spell, hows this "Cornan"!!!!! ;)

Originally posted by CAL
Temps. should be in the 50's at the least and could even be in the upper 60's. That's not cold! That's PERFECT riding weather!! :yeehaw:

Aimee, you and Eddie better come down here...and bring gnarlykaw with you!

jsned, Saturday will definately be the best day. And yes, Crab Orchard is about 1 1/2 hours away.

Hey Dave, the least you can do is spell my name right! :silly:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by david.dowdy
Not bad!!!

David,
Yours was good too, but could you live through a week at CooperLand with everyone running around calling us Turkeys? :eek: Not me :) I'll head over to the local sign shop and see what I can do ;)

Phillip

david.dowdy

Aug 16, 2001
That would get old! :silly:

Originally posted by IrishEKU

David,
Yours was good too, but could you live through a week at CooperLand with everyone running around calling us Turkeys? :eek: Not me :) I'll head over to the local sign shop and see what I can do ;)

Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by KevinB4stk
Sorry dude, I can't make it. Mabe in the spring.

Spring is fine, let us know whe you'll be there for a Roost'iview :) :)

Lookig forward to a new TB Assault Member!

Phillip

jcramin

~SPONSOR~
Aug 14, 2002
I dont know many of you cause im kinda new here, but Ive been looking for a good excuse to go to Turkey Bay, maybe this is it. Ill be at Loretta Lynn's this month for 4 days with out the family so if the weather is nice ill head to Turkey Bay that weekend with the family. I dont think my kids will let me take two bike trips that close together without taken them to one of them.

J

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I'm leaving for Clarksville in about 2 hours, I'll be at Turky bay at about 0900 on Sat. See ya there Corey, I have your cell and home #'s programed and I will call you this afternoon for updates :thumb:

Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
CAL,
What happened to you on Sat? The rain too much for ya? LOL, I had a fairly good ride, only about 30 miles or so, before I called it quits out of worries that getting too soaked would lead to a major cold.
Phillip

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
CAL, check my ride report, there a few notes of intrest in there for our riding style :|

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
So what's this place like ? Can you compare it to anything in eastern KY ?

Would this be an adult ride :D or can my son keep up on his XR ? Or will there be other folks trying to keep up with thier kids ? :D That we can tag along with.

MD

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by MADisher
So what's this place like ? Can you compare it to anything in eastern KY ?

Would this be an adult ride :D or can my son keep up on his XR ? Or will there be other folks trying to keep up with thier kids ? :D That we can tag along with.

MD

Turkey Bay is hilly and rocky. There are areas for just about anyone. There are easy areas that are good for beginners and kids, and there are areas for the not-so-faint-at-heart. The thing that makes Turkey Bay user friendly is that there is usually 2 or more lines to choose from. Almost every hill has multiple ways up...some more challenging than others, but they end up at the same point. The trails are very open. There is VERY little single track. At the pace we ride, most trails are 2nd to 4th gear trails. Nothing that I would call "tight" and not really anything wide open either.

I personally don't know of anyone else bringing their kids, but I would never discourage you from bringing yours. The riding pace all depends on the skill level of who all shows up. More than likely we'll have every skill level between beginner(IrishEKU ;) ) and A class Harescramble racer(Wheelie4strkB :thumb: ) at this ride. Any time you get a big group together, the pace usually stays fairly slow. If it goes like the last big ride we had, we'll go out for a couple of "big group" loops, and then the faster guys will break off for some more challenging terrain and a faster pace. We're not out to show off or make anyone feel bad. We just want to have a good time.

Doh! I just noticed that jcramin will probably be bringing his kids.

Last edited:
Top Bottom