IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL

THAT is what I want to hear! :thumb:

Corey, Adam and I disussed this and want to toss it out to the masses. A ride in March, say the third or fourth weekend, and Veterans Day weekend? That will be sort of the first ride and the last ride for some folks and for other die hards like us just an excuse to get out there again. I'm all for making it an annual ride or bi-annual. Twice a year, two times the fun :aj:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Oh man, I've got people in the office looking at me funny. I'm laughing out loud!! HA! That's a great story. I knew when Lou was asking for food, he was hungry!

In response to Patrick's math (and other comments)...I could listen to Eddie and Patrick argue all night. :)

And by the way, if anyone needs to know how to deep fry anything and I mean anything , ask Patrick. If you can eat it...he's deep fried it! ;)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by CAL

And by the way, if anyone needs to know how to deep fry anything and I mean anything , ask Patrick. If you can eat it...he's deep fried it! ;)

Being Kentucky and all (I'm not a native), I always thought if it wasn't fried it wasn't considered edible :) :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by IrishEKU

Corey, Adam and I disussed this and want to toss it out to the masses. A ride in March, say the third or fourth weekend, and Veterans Day weekend? That will be sort of the first ride and the last ride for some folks and for other die hards like us just an excuse to get out there again. I'm all for making it an annual ride or bi-annual. Twice a year, two times the fun :aj:

I vote for whenever will be the best time for the travelers. I'm up for it every weekend. ;) What's this about a first ride and last ride...you mean some people stop riding!? ;) We need to find out when the VSTA/MTDR Loretta Lynn ride is. We definately need to schedule around that. Last year it was the first weekend in April. I'm not sure when it is this year. We need to give people at least two weeks between that ride and ours (like this time).

I'm going to have to slow down for a bit right now. I've ridden every weekend(save one) since Dirtweek and the wife is starting to get a little tired of me being gone so much. Since Sept. 30 I've been to Oklahoma for a week, been to Loretta Lynn's for a weekend, been to St. Joe and have ridden at Turkey Bay inbetween those rides(sometimes both Sat. & Sun.). My bike needs a little TLC too. I've got a bent front rim, one broken rear spoke, about 4 bent spokes, and I think I've bent a fork tube. And I haven't cleaned/inspected my bike after this ride yet. :scream: And I'm broke.

Last edited:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Originally posted by CAL
I could listen to Eddie and Patrick argue all night. :)

The little freak. I finally get to bed around 3:30 am Sat. night (AKA SUN morning) and next thing I know he is out in the living room. It was around 5:00 am, only thing he was wearing was his little underoos and he wants to sit up and visit :flame:

So I says to PADDY "get out of here ya freak. I have to get some sleep"

Next morning you should have heard the whopper of a tale he told about ME wanting to visit. Pfft - sumthin wrong with that boy :)

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by TTRGuy

The little freak. I finally get to bed around 3:30 am Sat. night (AKA SUN morning) and next thing I know he is out in the living room. It was around 5:00 am, only thing he was wearing was his little underoos and he wants to sit up and visit :flame:

So I says to PADDY "get out of here ya freak. I have to get some sleep"

Next morning you should have heard the whopper of a tale he told about ME wanting to visit. Pfft - sumthin wrong with that boy :)

:) Good times my friends...good times! :) I don't think there is a funnier group of guys on this earth.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I hate that I missed it. I'll be at the next one (unless I sell a bike or meet a woman).

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Pfffft! You missed the best riding since DW!(According to the members that made both) Shame on you Larry, you had better make it to the Spring ride! :p

CAL and I will be the organizers I guess since we have to plan around LL's in the Spring.

Stay Tuned Folks! :thumb:

motormichael

~SPONSOR~
Sep 26, 2001
Well I guess I better get the throw away camera down to the developer. It still has a few shots on it. I will snap them off and get the pics put on a CD. Cory, or anyone else for that matter, my e-mail address is PnTNShoot22@aol.com. Send me a message so I can download the pics to you a few at a time. I have not even unloaded the trailer yet. I guess I will get to it tomorrow. I need to tear into the yellow bike to see what the rattling is in there. It ran fine though. As for a ride report, here goes.
Lee and I left our driveway at 6:00am Friday. What is that in military time? Yes , Lee was supposed to be at school for a half of day. His mom told the school he was sick and he returns Monday and tells everyone what a great ride he had. Oh Boy. Back to the road. I keep the cruise on 72 all the way to Princeton,Ky. We stop to get some food and end up on RT 139 to Cadiz. We arrived at T.B. noon. After registering we drive thru the camp asking three or four different bike riders if they are with DRN. No one knows a thing. I start to wonder if Lee and I will be the only ones to show. After setting up camp I attach some signs to a couple trees. The park ranger did not like that to well. So I used a few drywall screws. I was going to take them out. I told him I was protecting the trees from loggers but he was not amused. Lee and I head out at about 1:00 pm with the truck to get some firewood. Not long after returning, I am in the trailer getting ready to ride and hear someone say to Lee with a southern accent, "Hi, I'm MikeB". This was the start of a great riding weekend. I soon met Patrick, Big Lou (who I figured had to be from LA. very cool guy), Eddie(I lost the mufflers cap to my wifes bike), Sarge(him and Paddy kept us laughing),Darby(I have never seen anyone ride a 125 so well on steep ground), Dave(almost used me as a step up at the top of hill #5,138), Lonnie(he rides like he is in his 20s), Cory(A bit quiet, lets his riding speak for him) Lee wants to do the stand up wheeelie contest with you, Cory. We managed to get a few good hours of riding in Friday. I knew we had made a good decision to attend this ride.
Friday night we met unicycle Tim and later watched a guy jump a mini bike thru the bonfire. There is something for you to try Tim. Saturday Irish (I need a bike)(Thanks for the input on the DRZ motor, I was about to load it up),Adam("sorry I can't hear you,Adam, I have been following Cory's Yamablaster to long"), Walt and Bob(nice dismount Walt, I give it a 9.0),Brent(Deer under fire in the tight stuff),Jaybird(another great Hoosier on a sweet 125) (What the hell is a Hoosier?) and a few others that I did not get to meet. Hope I did not leave anyone out. Lee and I have been to some great riding areas but have never had the opportunity to ride with such good company and skilled riders. We are ready for the March ride.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Man, what a great ride!
Thanks to CAL, Lonnie, David, and all the locals for having us down for the weekend. We have to do this every year for shore!

A great bunch of guys were in attendance and we all had a fantastic time. I don't think anyone left with any serious booboo's either. That counts for lots!

Everyone is covering the rides pretty well, so I want to add a little tidbit I experienced at the Moors Marina Restaurant, where we all went for a seafood buffet after riding on Sat. night. (and yes, frog legs ARE seafood Mike! :))
After I was done with my meal, I knew I had a few hours of driving ahead of me so I got up quickly to find the lady so I could go ahead and pay.
The lady who owns the restaurant was talking to her husband and another gentleman and didn't notice me waiting for her. I overheard her conversation with them. She said to her husband: "You know, all of those guys are motorcycle riders?" Her husband replied: "Well, hon...not all motorcycle riders are riff-raff ya know." She said: "No, What I mean is that they are some of the friendliest and nicest mannered guys we've had in here in a long time....you wouldn't think that of a bunch of motorcycle riders."

Just then she realised I was behind her waiting and it sort of embarassed her that I may have overheard her...but she continued to tell me that she was very pleased to have us and that she would love for us to come in again. She said, "I was just now braggin' on y'all." I thanked her for her kind comments and told her that we belonged to a club that had a few thousand more just like us. She replied that we must have one great club!
"Yes ma'am, we sure do and I'll be sure to reccommend y'all's establishment to them."

It's moments like those that make being part of a great bunch of people worth it.
Okie, you have started something that can't be stopped or slowed...hopefully we can bleed off on everyone we meet just like we did the fine folks at that restaurant.
If y'all are ever on the north-west shore of Kentucky Lake, be sure and stop by the Moors Marina Restaurant for some good food and great folks!

Rock on, DRN...and at Turkey Bay, I mean that literally! :aj:

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
It was a great weekend.
Bob and I arive at 9pm friday to the Cottage at Moors resort. We are the last to arrive, so I fiquer that we will be on the couch. Eddie says the couch is his and gives Bob and I the last bed (WHAT A GUY). Big thanks to Eddie for that. After an evening of tall stories of the days rides, we hit the sack to get a good nights sleep for the upcoming ride. After a great breakfast, we head over to Turkey Bay for the start of a fantastic day of riding and B-S-ing. 70 degrees was easy to deal with and the place had rain the few days previously, so dust was almost none existant. Anouther fun thing to do was watch the quads and jeeps go thru the mud-water hole, or attempt to. There was plenty of trails and hills for all skill and unskilled levels.
For the most part, I rode with the slow group, but one time for about 20 minutes, I followed the fast guys thru the woods. No I didnt mean trails, these guys cut their own path through the woods, over logs, through creeks, up hills and anywhere their bike would fit at speeds I wouldnt have imagined. :scream:
Ill be back in the spring for the next get together.
Eddie, Lou, Mike, Paddy (dont forget the meds next time), Sarge, Michael, Lee(1 great kid and a real good rider), Jay, Cal, Irish, Lonnie, Thanks for the memories.
Walt

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Walt, those memories have a way of haunting you :p

Looking foreward to riding with you and Bob soon. I was real worried after a high speed run that one time, then you and Bob roll in, I will never forget the smile on his face! You are one heck of a guy and it shows on your sons face! He is quite the "Little Man." I can't wait to see how he has improved next March..... :worship: I pay homige to you for raising such a fine young man...... :thumb:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Hey fellas don't forget that we need to come up with a proper name for this ride. There is the Ladies Valentines Day Reno ride, ya got "Hicks in the Sticks" etc etc.... Be creative and throw out some suggestions.

DRN's Bi Annual:

Rock -N- Root Rampage (come on out, you'll Lovett) :)

This guy pays homage :worship: to Corey for putting it together!

I'm not too creative so lets hear some good ones folks.

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I am toying with the idea of making up some stickers with the Logo of "Turkey Bay Assult Club", Think of it shaped like a Navy or AF squadron patch, backround of the lake and woods, dirt rider on a missle targeting a freaked out Turkey.

But you Ride name "Rock-n-Root Rampage" sounds pretty good to me ;)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Sorry it took so long for me to post my thoughts about the weekend. We had a death in the family and when I got back to had to go straight out of town for the funeral thing.

Patrick and I show up and there are 3 big goons on put front porch of the cabin. Eddie Lou and the Sarge. Said our hellos and off we went to Turkey Bay. Fridays ride was good. We went around on the easy trails for a while and then Eddie, Patrick, and I went off on our own for some faster riding. Good stuff boys. Got to see Paddy go down in a heap more than once. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy. LOL. Friday night was Steaks at the restaurant and BEER lots of BEER.

Saturday was even better. About 20 riders or so and we broke up into smaller groups so we start out with Lou, Sarge, Walt, Bob and rode about half of the loop and headed back to the truck. Grabbed CAL and a few more for the back half of the loop and we come up on a lifeflight helicopter taking out a guy that rolled a buggy down one of the hills. (Broken neck we heard). The trail was blocked off so we decided to go around and found ourself on a 'loose' rocky uphill that had a few folks stuck on the way up. After loosiong Adam to a bent shifter we continued to the back of the main trail where Patrick, Corey and I went for some faster "make your own" trail riding. Good stuff again. After lunch we watch Eddie beat a silencer into submission. Went out with the "fast boys" for a spin and that was a BLAST. Thanks Brent and Lonnie for showing us around. That was the best ride I have been on in 6 months. Saturday night was more good food and more cold beers.

Sunday I needed to get back so we ate breakfast and left.

Things I learned:
1. A Stuck throttle is a pretty weak excuse for crashing "alot"
2. Frog legs are seafood.
3. IrishEKU is a real person and is no way as "Spastic"as his posts.
4. Big Lou should have been a logger. He can sure saw them logs. ;)
5. WaltCMoto's son Bob is a real nice kid.
6. Some of those locals are DANG FAST. (David, Lonnie, CAL, Yamahauler)
7. Sarge is just as funny sober as he is after a few.
8. Dont play Name that tune with Eddie or Lou, Those boys spent way too much time is their youth listening to music.
9. MotoMichael had a cool trailer full of goods and hooked me up with a clutch bleeding syring. Thanks Mike.
10. We need to do this more often.

Big thanks go to Cory, Lonnie, Brent, Darby, David and all the locals that had us come up and lead us around for a few days. It was a BLAST.

As far as a name for the ride ...
"Head for the hills" ride at Turkey Bay"
Rednecks in the Rocks
Turkeys at Turkey Bay
CAL's Big Adventure
Or how about "Just a down home, down right good time Mr."

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I was wondering if you and Paddy ever made it home, Mike! Sorry about the loss to the family. :( You and Patrick need to come up here more often.

I like "Rock-N-Root Rampage" and "Head for the Hills" :) And of course "biannual" will preceed the name. :aj:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Its about time somebody noticed :)

Very sorry to hear of the loss Mike, thats rough. Man, with meeting more and more people and having so many friends now it sure seems like somebody is losing a family member every time you turn around :(

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Mike, sorry for your loss.

Bobs vote is for "Rednecks in the Rocks"
I like Head for the hills of Turkey Bay

Originally posted by TTRGuy
Rock -N- Root Rampage (come on out, you'll Lovett)
Would that be Lyle Lovett ? ( remember I dont know squat about music, so go easy on me)

Julius,
Dont get me wrong, but if you meet a woman and sell your bike, where are your priorities? :think: I did that and it took me 10 years to get back on 2 wheels. :silly:

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
Sounds like I missed out on a great ride,plus I still haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of the DRN members.Anyway,I coached my son's last soccer game(thank goodness) Saturday and I can GUARANTEE you Im not getting caught up in that fiasco again.The kids are fantastic,but some of the parent are nuts!!!Oh yeah,you can count me in on the next ride. :thumb:

TTRGuy, Its supposed to be "come on out,YA'LL Lovett." :)

CAL,Im suprised I've not seen you down at TB already......I always keep on the lookout for a yz426 going at a blistering fast pace. :eek:

Last edited:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Mike, :( I am sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my Grand Pop and remaining grand parent this past August. Christmass is going to be difficult this year, his B-Day is on the 26th :ugg:

Pssst....Eddie look under your post of "Name That Ride." ;)

TNThumper, yes you missed a memorable one, if you ever want to get togeather give a yell. I am going to try and make it down this weekend. The top end kit will be going on hopefully Friday night and I'll be out to TB Saterday morning. :thumb:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by WaltCMoto

Would that be Lyle Lovett ? ( remember I dont know squat about music, so go easy on me)

C'mon Walt...Lyle Lovett? ;)

My last name is Lovett :)

C orey
A aron
L ovett

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom