Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Government+anything including politics=Disaster sooner or later. Vintage Bob

Keep that in mind when we vote on the health care issue Bob. Oh! :whoa: That's right. :ohmy: "We the People" don't get a vote. :coocoo: :|

Heard the other day that the government is going to mandate Black Boxes to be installed in all cars. You say you weren't speeding and driving reckless when you crashed your new car. Well, your black box and your insurance company says different. Sorry, no insurance coverage for you. :bang:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Heard the other day that the government is going to mandate Black Boxes to be installed in all cars.
Newer cars already have electronic event recorders that can be used to determine speed during an accident.

Are they mandating event recorders be installed on all cars?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
_JOE_ said:
It would be nice if a company could build a cheap vehicle without all the frills so people could afford to buy and maintain them.
they did a while back. It was called a Yugo

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
WoodsRider said:
Are they mandating event recorders be installed on all cars?

All new cars. But it will be a more sensitive black box that will not only measure speed but also g-forces, record braking time, acceleration time, GPS capability, etc, etc. With these new black boxes, they will know exactly how and where you were driving just before you wadded up your new car.

How long before the insurance companies can get access to the data on your black box? How soon before they figure out a way to have this data electronically transmitted directly to your insurance company?

Sorry, no insurance for you. :fft:

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
Ol'89r said:
All new cars. But it will be a more sensitive black box that will not only measure speed but also g-forces, record braking time, acceleration time, GPS capability, etc, etc. With these new black boxes, they will know exactly how and where you were driving just before you wadded up your new car.

How long before the insurance companies can get access to the data on your black box? How soon before they figure out a way to have this data electronically transmitted directly to your insurance company?

to some extent they are already there, the current setup will already do speed ,brake on time,abs recording, and with the on star systems they can already guesstimate with a regular accuracy all you are talking about.

My favorite thing is that on trucks and on used cars(buy here pay here type places) they have the setup where they can shut your vehicle off remotely. wait till all are tied in together

I still swear that if you want to build the safest car out there you set the driver out on the front bumper like some Aztec sacrifice. After a short bout with Darwinism I guarantee you will have a lot less tailgating and resulting rear end accidents.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Sadly insurance companies already have access to information, particularly if you live in a state that mandates annual vehicle inspection.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
WoodsRider said:
Sadly insurance companies already have access to information, particularly if you live in a state that mandates annual vehicle inspection.
DOH! Too late again. Fixing something before it starts is a lot easier. Vintage Bob

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
luckily I'm with you guys there....and lucky for me my wife agrees as well. It's funny I read this after I posted the same type of rant on my facebook today.hahaha. People are ALL about passive experience these days. playing fake guitars and thingking they can play a real one. geez! people are passing on actual living!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
And NOTHING is as important as $? Even if it costs $$ to get $, its seemingly worth it, to some, not to me. My 8 month old redheaded grandson, can push the button on his quad by himself. There is no price for that. Vintage Bob

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Scary how close we actually are to this Big Brother world. :nod:

I can see in the future where when you get pulled over by a cop he will be able to instantly access the information from your black box.

But officer, I wasn't speeding.

Sorry sir, but your vehicle data aquisition program that was just sent to my computer in my patrol car tells me that you were speeding, :whoa: In fact, it shows you were speeding last tuesday at 7:45 PM and again on thursday at 6:22 PM. I will have to issue two more tickets for that. :ohmy: Also, the scent indicator in your vehicle sensed a strong smell of marijuana in your vehicle last monday a 1:15 AM along with a trace of alcohol. Indicates a Columbian blend. :yikes: You're under arrest sir. :bang:

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
heh reminds me of a buddy of mine who had that "onstar" setup on his new GM car. got a year of it for free and he thought it was the greatest thing going asking for directions to pizza joints and such. Well the day it expired he came home from work and within 10 minutes(just enough time to get the mail, unlock the door and walk in ) the phone rings. It was onstar asking if he would like to renew the subscription.....coincidence?.....

"Scary how close we actually are to this Big Brother world.

I can see in the future where when you get pulled over by a cop he will be able to instantly access the information from your black box.

But officer, I wasn't speeding."

how bout this scenerio, The IRS who already have the power of guilty until proven innocent, shutting your car off until you come in for an audit because apparently you forgot to dot an i. And it happens to be when you are heading down a nice twisty mountain road, no power brakes, no power steering , and probably won't have to worry about any income tax again

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Keep that in mind when we vote on the health care issue Bob. Oh! :whoa: That's right. :ohmy: "We the People" don't get a vote. :coocoo: :|
:

Well ... it's a good thing, because you don't know what's good for you anyway. :nener: Goooooo... Obama ...he's the man ....

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
Ol'89r said:

how about a electronic chip to identify the car, like a "electronic number plate". actually this is what portuguese governement named it.
developed originally for automatic peages some 20 years ago, implemented with very success. it is nice to don´t have to stop to take the ticket and pay the peage.
thats ok, but on next year will be obligated all cars to have one "electronic number plate"...

now the funniest part, originally the law say that those things can only send a signal to more or less 5 meters long. currently there are being developed with gps sensors...
with all the vigilance cameras being installed here like in london ( wich every street have loads of) can you say real time citizen\driver control?

what big brother? you enter there if you want, no one will arrest you if don´t.

Top Bottom